Team to play Oldham (a)

Guest bully87

Kirkland

Lee Gardner Llera Mattock

Antonio Amado/Lines(if fit) SEMEDO© Pecnik

COG Maguire

He will save Reda and Buxton for Derby keeping them fresh, especially with being away Reda may be more solid than Mattock

Will also probably see Antonio and Maguire being replaced early in the 2nd half, depending on the score with the Derby game in mind, with Mike Jones probably getting a run out

Might not start Madine due to his injury but if fit will probably play half an hour. May also choose to rest either Lines/Amado and give McCabe a run

Getting excited just thinking about it...

Edited by hdan450

We may get a couple more players in before then but I think that Jones will go for a mixture of first team and development. There are 2 or 3 first team players that haven't played that much pre-season in Buxton, Lee and Madine so they may miss out in order for the big game vs Derby.

Guest j bell

Would expect a strong side as the ultimate warm up for Derby and Jones always fancys a cup run.

............................Bywater

Mattock......Llera.............Beevers......Reda

Antonio.......Semedo........Mccabe......Pecnic

.................Maguire........O'Grady

With only changes for the Derby game being Kirkland, Gardner, Madine

this, expect mattock to play at right back this season

Guest thetruthisoutthere

By the time the game is here we will have some more signings.

Meaning he could play a weaker team and it will still be a strong one :)

Think it will be nearly a full strength side.

We have five days between this game and the first league encounter, plus DJ will want us to make a positive start and get the momentum going again.

Guest kiltonowl

If there are 4 in defence, and 4 in midfield - then there are 2 up front. Whether a striker plays a tad further in front of the other at times - it is still 4-4-2.

If theres a playmaker in behind a striker, who drops deep when you dont have the ball...that is 4-4-1-1. Dont you play FIFA?

Guest GreenGoose

Kirkland

Lee Gardner Llera Mattock

Antonio Amado/Lines(if fit) SEMEDO© Pecnik

COG Maguire

He will save Reda and Buxton for Derby keeping them fresh, especially with being away Reda may be more solid than Mattock

Will also probably see Antonio and Maguire being replaced early in the 2nd half, depending on the score with the Derby game in mind, with Mike Jones probably getting a run out

Might not start Madine due to his injury but if fit will probably play half an hour. May also choose to rest either Lines/Amado and give McCabe a run

Getting excited just thinking about it...

When did Semedo get copywrited? lol

I think it'll be a strong team as there are five whole days before Derby so no need to rest players, I also think it'll be attacking as we're playing weaker opposition and I think Bywater might get a run out as clubs tend to play the number 2 keeper in cup games these days. With these points in mind :

Bywater

Buxton Llera Gardener Johnson

Antonio Pecnik Semedo Johnson

Maguire Madine

I'll go for a strong team. There are a few that have had fitness concerns but surely this would be the last chance to get some game time in before the season proper rather than more rest. Players like Madine might need some game time to get up to speed. It's worth going for it this time in the cups, unless we get to New Years Eve and are in the top 2, then the FA Cup can roger off (shame really).

Kirkland

Mattock Llera Gardner Reda

Antonio Semedo Mccabe Johnson

Maguire O'Grady

If people have not realised how far we have come in a season. Check out our 1st round team last year.

O'Donnell Beevers Reda Reynolds Otsemobor, D Jones O'Connor Coke Nyoni, Madine Uchechi. Against Blackpool. Where we trying to win?

Perhaps we need to give Kirkland a game to bond with the optimum back four. Otherwise play Bywater no2.

Am I the only one confused about the defence. On the signing of Lee and having read reports about him I expected him to start in front of Buxton. Same with Mattock.

Now Lee is injured/out of favour (already), Mattock is turning up at RB and the two CBs and the LB are a lottery.

Midfield Semedo, Picnic Antonio +1, McCabe if possible. I saw somewhere Lee being referred to as a midfielder .

Up top Maguire and COG.

As someone has said other players could be signed inc Harewood

Just ensure everyone is playing together by Derby

Doubt we'll go strong - 6 days before league begins in the mickey mouse. Got th tv money, thanks alot mr murdoch but no thanks C1. Our second string can beat oldham, seen em twice last season and they was poop. That simpson cant hit a barn door

Doubt we'll go strong - 6 days before league begins in the mickey mouse. Got th tv money, thanks alot mr murdoch but no thanks C1. Our second string can beat oldham, seen em twice last season and they was poop. That simpson cant hit a barn door