Team to play Oldham (a)

Guest bully87

Guest bully87

I know we have a friendly left but the discussion in the pub last night was that this will be interesting as it is a competitive game but the biggy is the following saturday at Derby. Do we want to progress? Will it be a strong side? Or will the likes of Lavery and M Jones get a go?

What do we think?

Interesting point. I expect he'll mix experience with youth so the likes of Reynolds and Prutton might play along with Lavery and Jones as you said.

Highly doubt we will be looking to put alot of effort into the competition though as the league is THE most important thing and will be all season.

DJ is still trying to find his best 11, so it will be a strong side, but remains to be seen if Madine and Lee are fit, who could both.be first eleven.

I know 4 2 3 1 is a proper trendy formation, but I think given our players we should give it a go.

Kirkland

Lee Gardner Llera Mattock

McCabe Semedo

Antonio Pecnik MacGuire

Madine

Guest bully87

DJ is still trying to find his best 11, so it will be a strong side, but remains to be seen if Madine and Lee are fit, who could both.be first eleven.

I know 4 2 3 1 is a proper trendy formation, but I think given our players we should give it a go.

Kirkland

McCabe Semedo

Antonio Pecnik MacGuire

Madine

Kirkland

McCabe Semedo

Antonio Pecnik MacGuire

Madine

i like this to be honest i can see him using this type of formation more in the championship the fact he is constantly on the look for fast wingers to me says it more than 4-4-2

Guest SouthStand Gentleman

-------------------Kirkland--------------------

Lee------Gardner-------Llera------Mattock

Antonio---McCabe-----Semedo-----Pecnik

-----------Madine--------Maguire--------------

Dave Jones likes to play 4-4-1-1. Maguire & Pecnik both fit in to this formation as the deep playing striker (although I see Pecnik playing out wide with Maguire playing in the hole)

If there are 4 in defence, and 4 in midfield - then there are 2 up front. Whether a striker plays a tad further in front of the other at times - it is still 4-4-2.

Guest Big Guns

I think it'll be a strong side.

Kirkland

Buxton-Gardner-Beevers-Reda

Antonio-McCabe-Semedo-Pecnik

Maguire-Madine

Doesn't look a bad side tbh..

Would expect a strong side as the ultimate warm up for Derby and Jones always fancys a cup run.

............................Bywater

Mattock......Llera.............Beevers......Reda

Antonio.......Semedo........Mccabe......Pecnic

.................Maguire........O'Grady

With only changes for the Derby game being Kirkland, Gardner, Madine