Most important goal last season..

Guest Waterthorpeowl

Controversial this one.

Dean Morgan's penalty at the B2Net that ultimately cost Megson his job. I still think we'd have gone up via the play-offs with Megson, but automatic wouldn't have happened. The change in style that Jones implemented played a major part.

That game did cost Megson his job.

I agree to a point they are all cumulative and there were some that stand out but for me it's Antonio v Carlusle.

I saw a change in the players that day, the confidence grew and they looked like they believed nothing could stop them

I was away on my stag do that weekend and had phone reception in the middle of knowhere. I lost reception for about 2 hours at 1-1 at 90mins. I spent half that sat night sulking before finding out we had scored a late winner. Gutted to miss it.

COGs vs United. If we would have lost or even drawn that game i don't think we would have mounted a comeback like we did. It gave us all the momentum and seemed to crush theirs at the same time.

It's funny how it ended, 1979 all over lol.

Guest johnowls

Llera at Brentford for me kind of knew/hoped in my heart we were up. Then i don't think I've stopped smiling since Antonio scored against Wycombe.

Their form after that match was P12 W8 D2 L2 F30 A16 PTS26 and included 6 consecutive wins before Ched Bundy was served with his porridge.

:huh:

^^^^

This, it was only after the Rhyll RandomTickler got banged up that their form collapsed. We owe a huge debt of gratitude to the Crown!

I love these threads about important matches. Because not once has anyone mentioned leyton orient away. It was a match we dominated start to finish yet one we scraped 3 points and hanging on at the end. It's not just this match but it's matches like these which make it hard to quantify which goals are more important than others- for some people, reda's goal here was just as important as cogs..

Guest davet30

Vz Carlise . The kop sucked that ball in the bk of the net. Crazy !! Antonio refused to come off n he was in a bad way with his shoulder , that showed commitment if I ever saw it .

^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^

Treacy free-kick against Brentford.

Couldn't really see us scoring before that went in. He hadn't scored that, and we'd gone behind to the peno, don't think the Llera goal would have happened.

Treacy put us ahead in that game. Brentford were a team who gave us a good going over in both games but thankfully we took 4 points!

I love these threads about important matches. Because not once has anyone mentioned leyton orient away. It was a match we dominated start to finish yet one we scraped 3 points and hanging on at the end. It's not just this match but it's matches like these which make it hard to quantify which goals are more important than others- for some people, reda's goal here was just as important as cogs..

They were all vital. I suppose the thread should be titled "most memorable" goal.

Every goal is important. Obvious. However for sheer exhiliration and timing Antonio's v Carlisle is the one. It looked like we'd missed the chance and we NEVER score a winner in injury time and then Hillsborough exploded! It was like everything from the last 10 years had been erased and we were on our way. The outpouring of relief, the mad hugging of strangers, the belief of the crowd and the team, and the penultimate nail in Uniteds coffin combined to make a unique feeling. Anyone who was there will tell you it was a celebration like no other.

I think there was a new found confidence before kick off vs Carlisle. Mainly due to Ched, we could smell blood.

We hammered Carlisle for most of the game but couldn't finish them until the death. It was amazing though, ageed. It went from a feeling of "same old Weds dropping the chance" to, "we can actually do this".

Edited by Bluesteel