Development squad Vs Hallam

That was Harry Grant.

Number 11 Heri & also subs 12, 15 & 17 impressed me.

Coke was class above 1st half. Reynolds & Bennett didn't give a sh!t.

Bennett straight down tunnel at end.

Soon we get rid the better.

Interesting that. Coke's the one always labelled with the bad attitude but the only one of the senior players to put a shift in.

Bennett's a joke. Who on earth is going to take him? I wouldn't take him at L1 and too highly paid to be feasible for L2. Could be stuck.

If Reynolds is on the reported £12-15k a week then we'll be stuck with him for the forseeable...

With what we've seen so far from Mlian, does he really look likely to give such wages to Reynolds ?!

Guest lamort

With what we've seen so far from Mlian, does he really look likely to give such wages to Reynolds ?!

Surprised you missed this, this was confirmed ages ago. An article in the Daily Record mentioned it then this was cross-referenced to a mention on the OS. as far as I can recall.

Apparently when we got promoted he was on a double-your-money contract. Unless this has since been proved to be incorrect I'm sure that's how it stood.

Was talked about on here quite indepth.

Edited by lamort

Guest lamort

Found the article ... begins as:

MARK REYNOLDS last night revealed he won’t return to Aberdeen next season because they can’t compete with his wages at Sheffield Wednesday.

Boss Craig Brown is desperate to keep the defender who has transformed their campaign since arriving on loan in January.

But the former Motherwell star will double his salary if Wednesday win promotion to the Championship to put him way above the pay structure at cash-strapped Pittodrie...

Edited by lamort

Found the article ... begins as:

MARK REYNOLDS last night revealed he won’t return to Aberdeen next season because they can’t compete with his wages at Sheffield Wednesday.

Boss Craig Brown is desperate to keep the defender who has transformed their campaign since arriving on loan in January.

But the former Motherwell star will double his salary if Wednesday win promotion to the Championship to put him way above the pay structure at cash-strapped Pittodrie...

That could easily just be an exaggeration from the paper or Aberdeen. I find it very hard to believe we gave him a double your money contract. Mandy is no mug. And for all we know his wage might have doubled from 3K to 6K.

Guest lamort

Surely not enough to make him our highest paid player. He wouldn't still be here if he was.

Who'd take him if he is on North of £10k?

Surprised you missed this, this was confirmed ages ago. An article in the Daily Record mentioned it then this was cross-referenced to a mention on the OS. as far as I can recall.

Apparently when we got promoted he was on a double-your-money contract. Unless this has since been proved to be incorrect I'm sure that's how it stood.

Was talked about on here quite indepth.

Yep I really missed that one.

But anyway it is strange to me that Milan would agree a deal where he would insert such a clause, just to have him played out of position by Irvine, and frosen from first team picture by first Megson, and then Jones.

Hope that these reports are quite off the mark.

Guest lamort

... anyway it is strange to me that Milan would agree a deal where he would insert such a clause...

Agreed, guess he gives his managers more free reign than we're lead to believe.

If this is the only contractual lapse we commit I'll be fairly happy as they've been fairly regular occasions over the years.