Kirkland Gone?

Guest cypress hill

whatever the reason,he could have sat on his contract and claimed injury,like many players have done in the past

cheers for not taking us for a ride

Guest Cheese

It shouldn't and doesn't matter wha the reason is, if he feels he cannot perform in whatever the situation is then fine, all the best Mr Kirkland. We haven't lost anything.

I doubt the article is fact checked - that rarely happens in non-litigious stories nowadays due to deadlines and staff cuts in local papers.

As with regards to medical reasons - he's been thoroughly checked by the medical staff, anything untoward would have been addressed.

As I say, if it's over travel then it's bang out of order.

If it's for personal family reasons then good luck Chris, football can wait, family comes first.

But THAT's my point and why I brought my old man into it, they are both Chronic conditions dad on good day can get up walk about the house but there's no way he could travel a great distance. same with Kirkland he may have passed the physical then the combined wear and tear of the drills could aggrivate his injury and driving 70 miles there and back can't help. As for the article if it's all over twitter (I wouldn't know don't have an account) that his wife was ill you can bet money on the fact that their sports writers fact checked first

She's diffinately ill then? :sad:

I was hoping the article was correct and that it was just the travelling being the issue.

IF.

Why would PW say its delicate if its due to travelling issues.

None of us know what is happening, but we don't know if she is ill, so till we find out..

I was told last night at work by a guy who,s missis has worked at hillsborough for years that he is not fit and dosn,t look like being fit so contract cancelled.....suppose we shall find out soon enough, rather that than wife being ill..

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

Whatever the reason we move on to all those suggesting we go with what we have, think that would be a mistake!

Bywater - Solid enough but makes errors that will get punished in the Championship

Weaver - Not been fit for 12 Months

The other two kids not good enough and need experience at League 1/2.

Need a replacement if his contract has been cancelled!!!

Apologies if this has been posted already - I have not read through everyones replies as I can't be arsed. However interesting to see this taken from OWLS SITE. Teams for tomorrows friendlys, Shows there is something untowards happenning with Kirkland and the rumours of his departure.

The squads will be made up of senior and development players as the Owls begin to step up their preparations ahead of the 2012-13 campaign.

The provisional first team squads are:

V Stocksbridge: Weaver, Lee, Beevers, R Johnson, Reynolds, D Jones, M Jones, Lines, Amado, Maguire, Madine

V Sheffield FC: Bywater, Mattock, Llera, R Jones, Bennett, J Johnson, Semedo, Coke, Prutton, Harewood, O’Grady

Gardner still not fit then?

Between losing Burton and Macauley from the backroom staff, our inability to complete the most important deal of all for Antonio before the friendlies begin and now losing our most vaunted signing of the summer it isn't really shaping up to the most inspiring pre-season so far. Gardner looks a good signing if he can keep fit mind.

Jesus Christ

We might as well give up now lads,seasons over

Whatever the reason we move on to all those suggesting we go with what we have, think that would be a mistake!

Bywater - Solid enough but makes errors that will get punished in the Championship

Weaver - Not been fit for 12 Months

The other two kids not good enough and need experience at League 1/2.

Need a replacement if his contract has been cancelled!!!

how do you know weavers not been fit ?seems strange if he's unfit he's playing tonight .as for jameson not been good enough i find it odd that we have just given him a 2 year contract if that is the case .

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

how do you know weavers not been fit ?seems strange if he's unfit he's playing tonight .as for jameson not been good enough i find it odd that we have just given him a 2 year contract if that is the case .

Because he missed most of last season that may have something to do with it! Jameson is obviously well thought of at the club how you think he is not good enough when he did not play unless you want to several reserve games!!!

If he ends up leaving, then I must admit to feeling a little relieved.

No one can doubt his talent, but there are question marks over his fitness. I know, I know he's been fit the last couple of seasons but he hasn't really played much first team football in that time.

Bywater is a steady 'keeper anyway.