Kirkland Gone?

Guest kiltonowl

Good riddance if its true, we were taking a punt on his fitness no doubt paying him a reasonable wage and he's done this. Lanky streak of p1ss!

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

before we condemn the man lets find out the reason why ,if his wife is ill he deserves praise for giving his job up for her ,

if its a nothing reason then feel free to say what you will ,

Well said if it was so cut and dry just over travel it would have been announced just like the Tommy Wright situation at Preston it must be a sensitive situation!

If it is to do with travel I will be the first to slate him I used to spend 15-20 hours a week travelling to and from work but think we should hold fire before slating him!

Loach to Ipswich is pretty much a done deal.

He came through their youth academy and by all accounts, has always wanted to return.

Loach left Ipswich academy at 12 - possibly the most overrated keeper i've ever seen in all honesty and Watford made it clear they wanted him out

They are trying to tempt Cudicini or Almunia - along with Del Piero and Inzaghi...

Between losing Burton and Macauley from the backroom staff, our inability to complete the most important deal of all for Antonio before the friendlies begin and now losing our most vaunted signing of the summer it isn't really shaping up to the most inspiring pre-season so far. Gardner looks a good signing if he can keep fit mind.

:laugh: :laugh:

Loach left Ipswich academy at 12 - possibly the most overrated keeper i've ever seen in all honesty and Watford made it clear they wanted him out

They are trying to tempt Cudicini or Almunia - along with Del Piero and Inzaghi...

I've not made any comment about the abilities of Loach, because I know very little about him ... other than numerous people creaming themselves over him, on here over the years.

before we condemn the man lets find out the reason why ,if his wife is ill he deserves praise for giving his job up for her ,

if its a nothing reason then feel free to say what you will ,

Absolutely Trev, and anyone else who's said similar.

The fact they're waiting on it says to me just wait for the announcement before jumping to conclusions either way as it's more than likely a personal issue.

I think back to Ron Springett who is still the best goalie I have seen for stopping the ball going in the net and catching crosses ( never punching) who throughout 8 or 9 years with us continued to live in London and believe it or not, trained with his old club QPR not with us!

My hero. In the end Gordon Banks was just that bit better. Ron did not get down to low shots very well.

We share the same birthday so I am biased. 22 July. We will be expecting cards on Sunday.

maybe the outcome is not clear cut or 100%. there might not be anything to announce at this time.

Agreed mate, it may just be compassionate leave to see where his missus is. If she comes good in next couple of weeks, i'm sure he'll be back. If not, it may be the case he joins the squad later in the season when she does come around. Again, credit to the lad for ordering his priorities.

Don't think anyone knows what's really going on here.

If its compassionate leave, then people could be right that the club are just giving him as much time as he needs, and are trying not to draw attention and pressure to Kirkland by making statements etc. Kirkland perhaps asked to leave, but with Weaver and Bywater we've told him just to take as long as necessary and not rush into any decisions.

If its the commuting, and a change of heart from Kirkland, then looks like the club want to keep his departure under wraps until a new keeper is secured, at which point they will release him from his contract with us, without the market knowing about our urgent need for a new keeper and inflating any prices.

Who knows - hopefully if it is personal issues, they resolve themselves for the good of the Kirkland family.

Guest andyofsheffield

I was under the impression that his wife is in a bad state and it takes too long for him to get home if her condition worsens for him to be with her. From what i've heard Wednesday are willing to rip up his contract so he can concentrate on being at home for the Mrs. I just hope all isnt as bad as what it seems to be bless him.