Kirkland Gone?

firstly i hope he and his family are all ok, but

If he ends up leaving, then I must admit to feeling a little relieved.

No one can doubt his talent, but there are question marks over his fitness. I know, I know he's been fit the last couple of seasons but he hasn't really played much first team football in that time.

Bywater is a steady 'keeper anyway.

i mostly agree with this. IF fit he would be the best keeper in the league, but if you'd been asked to name one keeper you didn't want to sign based on his injury record you'd have said kirkland.

wouldn't be happy going into the season with bywater as number 1 though, as much as i love the bloke shots seem to just go straight through him a lot of the time.

I too suffer an extremely long and stressful commute. I understand how it can de-motivate you. If Kirkland is struggling with the commute it is best we let him go. I had Kirkland as second choice behind Bywater anyway. Hope he hands back any signing on fee he received.

Guest wilyfox

Were supposed to be releasing one yesterday.

maybe the club are trying to delay any announcement. if it is indeed 'a delicate matter', perhaps they're trying to avoid an emotional or rash decision?

maybe the club are trying to delay any announcement. if it is indeed 'a delicate matter', perhaps they're trying to avoid an emotional or rash decision?

As long as CK and his family, and the Interests of SWFC, are to be taken care of, they should take as long as necessary.

If he isn't coming back, then we need to bring in another keeper ASAP. I wonder how ROD feels.

Guest wilyfox

As long as CK and his family, and the Interests of SWFC, are to be taken care of, they should take as long as necessary.

If he isn't coming back, then we need to bring in another keeper ASAP. I wonder how ROD feels.

ROD said he knew his fate before the season even ended; DJ had already made the decision for a change.

Maybe we don't want to alert other clubs to us needing to sign another keeper and be over charged.

I too suffer an extremely long and stressful commute. I understand how it can de-motivate you. If Kirkland is struggling with the commute it is best we let him go. I had Kirkland as second choice behind Bywater anyway. Hope he hands back any signing on fee he received.

If he didn't hand back a signing on fee then that would say a lot about his character.

should be looking at Tom Heaton then ..

who else is available on a free thats decent? Hasn't Iain Turner been released at Preston?

other then that, i dunno any keeper thats available to purchase that would be good

we need to be looking for a young keeper thats going to establish themselves as our number 1 for a while like we had with Lee Grant

Stuart Taylor is on a free isn't he? but he hasn't played for years!

What about Watford keeper loach? He wants to leave Watford and Ipswich are lining up a 500k offer. Young been part of England camp and worth investment. Or may go for some like neil Alexander from rangers who he had at Cardiff. Heaton would certainly fit the bill a free

What about Watford keeper loach? He wants to leave Watford and Ipswich are lining up a 500k offer. Young been part of England camp and worth investment. Or may go for some like neil Alexander from rangers who he had at Cardiff. Heaton would certainly fit the bill a free

Loach to Ipswich is pretty much a done deal.

He came through their youth academy and by all accounts, has always wanted to return.

Whatever the reason we move on to all those suggesting we go with what we have, think that would be a mistake!

Bywater - Solid enough but makes errors that will get punished in the Championship

Weaver - Not been fit for 12 Months

The other two kids not good enough and need experience at League 1/2.

Need a replacement if his contract has been cancelled!!!

Because he missed most of last season that may have something to do with it! Jameson is obviously well thought of at the club how you think he is not good enough when he did not play unless you want to several reserve games!!!

he did not miss most of last season ,he missed around 3 months before christmas after that he was available pretty much all the time ......its you not me who is saying jameson isnt good enough.......see above" the other two kids NOT GOOD ENOUGH".....you wrote that mate

Guest Parky1867

Loach to Ipswich is pretty much a done deal.

He came through their youth academy and by all accounts, has always wanted to return.

He's one of the most overrated keepers Ive ever seen.

Guest Chenk

Just listened to Rob Jones interview from last night, Rob staton asks him about competition for places and Rob says "we have two goalkeepers with the possability of another coming in"

Think hes gone.