Kirkland Gone?

Guest wilyfox

it was reported Kirkland would be given 'time off' for a personal matter; 'time off' does not equal 'gone'.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Between losing Burton and Macauley from the backroom staff, our inability to complete the most important deal of all for Antonio before the friendlies begin and now losing our most vaunted signing of the summer it isn't really shaping up to the most inspiring pre-season so far. Gardner looks a good signing if he can keep fit mind.

Meanwhile over at Bumhole lane they are finding it hard to ship out their high earners, the out-of contract players have gone AWOL; and they have signed just the one player. Oh dear!..haven't we got it bad.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

At least according to the article His missus is OK which is one thing. Perhaps Pre-season has shown him he can't go anymore. It amazing he got six years after the injury at ours rumoured to be a crumbling disc problem put him on the verge of retirement then. He only played one game for Doncaster before it kicked in again, and, returned to Wigan from loan. There are good goalies out there.

At least according to the article His missus is OK which is one thing. Perhaps Pre-season has shown him he can't go anymore. It amazing he got six years after the injury at ours rumoured to be a crumbling disc problem put him on the verge of retirement then. He only played one game for Doncaster before it kicked in again, and, returned to Wigan from loan. There are good goalies out there.

Most sensible post of the thread.

Right drama queens on here.

lonergan here we come

Had a bit of a sticky patch at Leeds but was quality for many a year at Preston. Happy with him or Heaton.

Pity Henderson, who we were rumoured to want, will spend the season, in all likelihood, on West Ham's bench (whilst Jussi plays). Wonder if Ruud Boffin is still at West Ham (one of my favourite names in football that).

Guest waistline ye diddle

Jeez chill out some people.

needs to be near his sick wife, we have no idea what has happened behind the scenes.

still got 2 very experienced keepers, weeks to sign another if DJ wishes plus, unless I've missed anything, this ain't official, just rumour.

Bet there are plenty of available keepers in Portugal anyway.

Most sensible post of the thread.

Right drama queens on here.

I can understand the disappointment, He's a "name" but I did say when you signed him I said that I thought he wouldn't last the season uninjured. On the plus side if it is confirmed better to find out now isn't it?

I can understand the disappointment, He's a "name" but I did say when you signed him I said that I thought he wouldn't last the season uninjured. On the plus side if it is confirmed better to find out now isn't it?

Spot on.

It hasn't worked for whatever reason so Wednesday move on.

Everything on forums get blown up 10 fold, chill and just wait for the season to start.

It's same in the Antonio thread, mass panic cos we haven't signed him.

Looks like he his definitely leaving if this report is anything to go by :( Shame I was looking forward to seeing him between the sticks in the blue and white.

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/wigan-athletic-fc/1212977-ex-wigan-athletic-keeper-kirkland-leaves-sheffield-wednesday.html?

Sorry if already posted.

Not bothered, this has been the only bad signing so far . He would have played 2-3 games then bywater would have stepped in. Now hes looking for a gk i hope he gets someone better

I think back to Ron Springett who is still the best goalie I have seen for stopping the ball going in the net and catching crosses ( never punching) who throughout 8 or 9 years with us continued to live in London and believe it or not, trained with his old club QPR not with us!

If it's travelling than he's a reyt bishop basher

All that driving can give you back spasms ... Although that isn't much of an excuse, because as we know now, spasms aren't injuries

Not bothered, this has been the only bad signing so far . He would have played 2-3 games then bywater would have stepped in. Now hes looking for a gk i hope he gets someone better

Not convinced by the Gardner signing either tbh

Edited by camffiti

So when exactly did we move Sheffield. smells like a better offer. hope i can find my way on matchday

Nah quiet retirement, The injury he has can't take jarring shock to the spine. What happens when a Goalie dives? Jarring shock to the the spine. Sad to see anybody's career end but it went on far longer than I thought he would.

A 4 hour round trip for what 2/3 hours training? for at most 3/4 days a week?? for stupid money???

If this is the case and his wife ain't ill he can **** off!!!!!!!

Its pathetic, average job is 39 hours a week excluding travelling, bet he don't touch half this!

I've just got in from work so didn''t hear myself, but was texted a message, which said Milan had said his wife's illness (cancer apparently) was more important than football, which was why his contract was cancelled. There really are some big mouthed cretins on this forum.

Yep, keep the lid on abusing him for now lads. Everything is speculation at this point, and when something is as delicate as one of your family members being terribly ill, then one can only agree with Mr. Walker that it would be completely wrong to speculate - especially about speculation itself.