Kirkland Gone?

Dont believe it until its on OS

And i think its quite disrespectful if his wife is ill to be arsing about saying oh im glad he is gone.

She's diffinately ill then? :sad:

I was hoping the article was correct and that it was just the travelling being the issue.

Guest lamort

If it's because of travel he ought to man up and they ought to do him for breach of contract - what happens if he now signs for someone else and makes a save against us?

Waaaahhh! He has to drive 78 miles for at least £300,000 a year!

If, however his wife is ill, then I fully understand and family comes first.

Edited by lamort

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Think people need to stop speculating.

Totally agree.

Walker is implying it is a sensitive subject, so it probably rules out problems with travelling.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Apologies if this has been posted already - I have not read through everyones replies as I can't be arsed. However interesting to see this taken from OWLS SITE. Teams for tomorrows friendlys, Shows there is something untowards happenning with Kirkland and the rumours of his departure.

The squads will be made up of senior and development players as the Owls begin to step up their preparations ahead of the 2012-13 campaign.

The provisional first team squads are:

V Stocksbridge: Weaver, Lee, Beevers, R Johnson, Reynolds, D Jones, M Jones, Lines, Amado, Maguire, Madine

V Sheffield FC: Bywater, Mattock, Llera, R Jones, Bennett, J Johnson, Semedo, Coke, Prutton, Harewood, O’Grady

No mention of family illness.

If it's only about travelling then flip off, if he can't travel 78 miles, what kind of commitment is that? I'd do 300 miles a day for the sort of money he'd be on.

Havent you thought that the travelling story might be a 'white lie'?

There might be a real deep seated reason, such as family illness - but this reason spares embarrassment and intrusion.

There might be a real deep seated reason, such as family illness - but this reason spares embarrassment and intrusion.

If that's the case, fine, no issues and I hope everything works out well for him. Is it though?

Why do we need to know?

Have we a right to know?

Seems to me, if it is personal - then it is nothing to do with us.

If we've signed a player then he wants his contract ripping up, yes we have. We don't need to know details, personal issues would do. All I've seen is it's too far to travel.

If it's because of travel he ought to man up and they ought to do him for breach of contract - what happens if he now signs for someone else and makes a save against us?

Waaaahhh! He has to drive 78 miles for at least £300,000 a year!

If, however his wife is ill, then I fully understand and family comes first.

He's played at most 5 games in the 2 years. You all fail to realise how badly he was messed up in 2006. It was really thought that he would never play again. I've spent many an afternoon this last 18 months with my old man who has chronic rheumatoid arthritis that affects both his lungs and spine. some days he's great others he can barely move it the nature of the beast. From reading the Article which would have been fact checked It seem that his wife is ok which is a blessing

Edited by Guest

If it is to do with traveling and Baggie is right about his back. Then I'd assume it's his back that can't handle the trip from Liverpool to Sheffield, it would take a toll. But tbh I'd take that reason over him having a seriously ill wife

There's definitely more to this than just the travelling.....and like you say it's none of our business really.

Good luck to him and his family.

Guest lamort

He's played at most 5 games in the 2 years. You all fail to realise how badly he was messed up in 2006. It was really thought that he would never play again. I've spent many an afternoon this last 18 months with my old man who has chronic rheumatoid arthritis that affects both his lungs and spine. some days he's great others he can barely move it the nature of the beast. From reading the Article which would have been fact checked It seem that his wife is ok which is a blessing

I doubt the article is fact checked - that rarely happens in non-litigious stories nowadays due to deadlines and staff cuts in local papers.

As with regards to medical reasons - he's been thoroughly checked by the medical staff, anything untoward would have been addressed.

As I say, if it's over travel then it's bang out of order.

If it's for personal family reasons then good luck Chris, football can wait, family comes first.

Edited by lamort