6 Fixtures changed

Guest Big Guns

big shame with the brighton fixture

why are they trying to make friday the new saturday

Cos Thursdays the new Friday...

I reckon we should ask United if they wanna trade places?

It's been changed to a Friday but so what? You have enough time to make plans to head down, all you need to do is finish early on Friday and head down. Easy peasy.

But in the real world, it isn't always that simple for those of us in full time employment.

Majorly pissed off now. Brighton was a nailed on cert away game for me, but now it's on a Friday night I can't go as I've already tried to get and been denied that Friday off work.

Just for a bunch of flipping students? Who goes to Brighton University anyway? In fact who's ever heard of Brighton rogering University?

Errr Sussex University

I reckon we should ask United if they wanna trade places?

It's been changed to a Friday but so what? You have enough time to make plans to head down, all you need to do is finish early on Friday and head down. Easy peasy.

You must have an understanding boss to finish early enough to get from Sheffield to Brighton.

You have nearly 3 months notice to arrange it with work though.

Again, it's not always that easy for a lot of people. When the fixture was on the Saturday I'd already tried to book the Friday off in case of a potential weekender down there, but I can't have it because other people are on holiday. Plus there's the issue of travel, there are no trains back to Sheffield after the game on Friday night unless you wait in a station for hours. Not a problem if you're spending the weekend down there anyway, but it'll stop a lot of people from being able to attend. I'd planned to go on the train early Saturday morning and return in the evening, fortunately I hadn't already booked the tickets even though I was on the website yesterday working out the prices.

If freshers weekend really was an issue for Brighton FC (but it clearly isn't for every other club from a University town) they should have requested an away fixture that weekend.

Guest cypress hill

I know that's not going to happen, but I just want to know the logic behind it. And to let them know we're pissed off.

the logic behind it,is to try to stop as many wednesday fans as possible from going

and if their's any trouble that weekend,you can bet your life the bumers won't get the blame