6 Fixtures changed

Guest PointlessOwl

Just sent this e-mail off to them

Dear Sir/Madam

I am a Sheffield Wednesday fan.

Your regard,

Adam Allcroft.

You go girl!

Simple - go next season (or whenever we play Brighton again). As for Brighton Uni, it's actually a good uni - has a medical school.

Just sick of the constant rant because a game has been brought back a day. If you don't like it, then fine - but complaning about how you can't get it off work is just boring. As I've said - you can go next season.

Stupid comment

flipping students have a week and sometimes 2 during freshers to go and get pissed up! And they won't go out until 9-10 anyway after drinking cheap cider at home! This makes no sense at all!!!

this is exactly my thoughts FFS its not like the Grand National or St Ledger where 80,000 extra people turn up with all the travel congestion so they kick off early not a day early, also isn't there new ground out of town so why move it FFS.

I think the info from SWFC is a little misleading. It isn't about Freshers Week, it's actually the first two days, Saturday and Sunday of the induction week which means all the new students for Sussex and Brighton Uni coming down on the Saturday and Sunday in thousands of cars. I was there last year and it is a traffic nightmare and the ground is on the same junction...seriously, seriously poor urban transport planning for what is now a very busy out of town location.

Stupid comment

But why is stupid? Yeah I can imagine people being upset, but I don't see the point. Brighton have a valid reason for moving the game a day back.

If people really want to go, they can..

1) try and get time off work through other avenues (pull a sickie, ask someone else to work for them) - it might not work, but as old saying goes "if you don't ask, you don't get"

2) Go to SWFC v Brighton next season - AMEX has only just been built, so it'll be here for the next 40 years.

3) Pray to god its on Sky

At the end of the day, Sussex is a big uni - nearly 10k students heading into a rural(ish) area. The traffic would be mental (along with the football fans). I just don't see the point of complaining about it - it's happened, nothing anybody here can do about it apart from getting themselves into a huff.

Apologies for the delay - stuck in a chuffing meeting all day so wasn't able to do it on my employer's time!

lol

All updated now, and the Donny pre-season friendly which I had somehow overlooked is on there now as well.

http://swfc.me/fixtures for anyone who wants to add it to their iPhone/Android/BlackBerry/computer/whatever

tut. Better late than never :biggrin:

(you should have said you've been stuck shagging Freshers all day!!)

Cheers

But why is stupid? Yeah I can imagine people being upset, but I don't see the point. Brighton have a valid reason for moving the game a day back.

If people really want to go, they can..

1) try and get time off work through other avenues (pull a sickie, ask someone else to work for them) - it might not work, but as old saying goes "if you don't ask, you don't get"

2) Go to SWFC v Brighton next season - AMEX has only just been built, so it'll be here for the next 40 years.

3) Pray to god its on Sky

At the end of the day, Sussex is a big uni - nearly 10k students heading into a rural(ish) area. The traffic would be mental (along with the football fans). I just don't see the point of complaining about it - it's happened, nothing anybody here can do about it apart from getting themselves into a huff.

1) Its not a valid reason.

2) Both Hallam and Sheffield University have more than 20,000 each. We have never moved a match due to freshers week.

3) Its only freshers week which is 1/3 of the intake. About 3000 students.

4) 2nd and 3rd years will have houses etc.

5) It makes no account of us the por sods who will have to negotiate the M1 on a friday and evening. Which is a nightmare.

Edited by Dark$ide

1) Its not a valid reason.

2) Both Hallam and Sheffield University have more than 20,000 each. We have never moved a match due to freshers week.

3) Its only freshers week which is 1/3 of the intake. About 3000 students.

4) 2nd and 3rd years will have houses etc.

5) It makes no account of us the por sods who will have to negotiate the M1 on a friday and evening. Which is a nightmare.

That's an utterly false comparison though. Sheffield is a much bigger city, with much better infrastructure (though I'm sure we all think it could still be better), and neither university is anywhere near Hillsborough.

Brighton SHOULD have requested an away game that weekend, (who knows perhaps they did and didn't get it), but once they were given a home game, switching it to a Friday was always going to happen. If they hadn't switched it, Sussex police probably would have anyway.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Guest @DSapeyOwl

Just go down on ICO/W-ite or some other fan travel as they'll probably set off early. This is why I waited a bit to book time off for away fixtures ie Brighton, Cardiff, Blackpool, Easter Monday etc. Them setting off earlier means more drinking time. Problem solved :biggrin:

Edited by @DSapeyOwl

If the area can't cope with the influx of 20k football supporters plus 3k students at the same time, it begs the question of how they'd cope with the 30k fans that the stadium expansion will take it to. Will they play every home game on a Friday night?!

That's an utterly false comparison though. Sheffield is a much bigger city, with much better infrastructure (though I'm sure we all think it could still be better), and neither university is anywhere near Hillsborough.

Brighton SHOULD have requested an away game that weekend, (who knows perhaps they did and didn't get it), but once they were given a home game, switching it to a Friday was always going to happen. If they hadn't switched it, Sussex police probably would have anyway.

The stadium should never have been built if it can't cope with approx 20-23k people in the area on a Saturday.

Its not even 10,000 extra students, its just the 1st years. The rest will arrive staggered before and after that weekend.

Its a disgrace to be honest to expect us as fans to travel miles on sodding friday night, because they can't cope with a match and freshers week ?

If you wanted to get back home you would be looking at 2-3am in the morning on the ICO.

Its a Massive disruption for no sensible reason.

Guest chapeltom

May consider Brighton away now and ditch Wolves away as I'm likely to be away that week. Got a mate whose Uni flat in London, now trying to get him to head down to the Brighton game so I can kip at his flat and get a cheap advance train ticket back the next morning.