6 Fixtures changed

They emailed back, fair play:

Apologies for the inconvenience, this was agreed with the consent of Sheffield Wednesday. Unfortunately, as part of our planning consent, we can’t operate on the same day as the adjacent university’s open day.

Kind regards

Ben Richardson

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club

American Express Community Stadium

Village Way

Brighton

BN1 9BL

Apologies for the inconvenience, this was agreed with the consent of Sheffield Wednesday. Unfortunately, as part of our planning consent, we can’t operate on the same day as the adjacent university’s open day.

Kind regards

Ben Richardson

Village Way

Brighton

BN1 9BL

So why don't they request an away fixture that weekend? The dates of fresher weekends are known for literally years in advance.

Kind regards

Ben Richardson

Village Way

Brighton

BN1 9BL

Fair enough for the reply but what a wee wee poor excuse.

Again, it's not always that easy for a lot of people. When the fixture was on the Saturday I'd already tried to book the Friday off in case of a potential weekender down there, but I can't have it because other people are on holiday. Plus there's the issue of travel, there are no trains back to Sheffield after the game on Friday night unless you wait in a station for hours. Not a problem if you're spending the weekend down there anyway, but it'll stop a lot of people from being able to attend. I'd planned to go on the train early Saturday morning and return in the evening, fortunately I hadn't already booked the tickets even though I was on the website yesterday working out the prices.

If freshers weekend really was an issue for Brighton FC (but it clearly isn't for every other club from a University town) they should have requested an away fixture that weekend.

Simple - go next season (or whenever we play Brighton again). As for Brighton Uni, it's actually a good uni - has a medical school.

Just sick of the constant rant because a game has been brought back a day. If you don't like it, then fine - but complaning about how you can't get it off work is just boring. As I've said - you can go next season.

If you want to vent your fury, do it at Brighton and not the students. Brighton allowed a similar thing to happen last year against Hull City, except they left it even later. The dull fans had non-refundable trains booked and then they moved kick-off at short notice cos they realised they couldn't play that day due to an already organised open day at the Uni (they share the car park). Brighton have screwed it up again.

PS There's no need for the bigotry

Guest cypress hill

Bender Richardson

Village people Way

Brighton

BN1 9BL

fixed it for em

Freshes day is an excuse to move a game? FFS Why not try and get 'em in?

I hope Mirodo (?) is going to update his fixture list :)

Apologies for the delay - stuck in a chuffing meeting all day so wasn't able to do it on my employer's time!

lol

All updated now, and the Donny pre-season friendly which I had somehow overlooked is on there now as well.

http://swfc.me/fixtures for anyone who wants to add it to their iPhone/Android/BlackBerry/computer/whatever

If you look at this link, the Uni is right next to the Amex.

This presents a nightmare on the roads and the public areas in the locality.

I can understand the move but also agree they should have had an away day on this weekend. (Do they even have a say in this?)

Edited by beano

yep..my lad is at Sussex Uni and Brighton Uni is just down the road...and the ground is about 1000 metres away...and when it's Freshers Week/Weekend the traffic is a fooookin nightmare. Add that to the MASSIVE visiting and I could see real problems. Add on the traffic down from London for the weekend at it will be chaos anyway. Get down early Friday and spend the weekend...I am :-) ...house near the sea and 15 mins from ground...

...x

Kind regards

Ben Richardson

Village Way

Brighton

BN1 9BL

All that hoo-hah about building it in the middle of nowhere and they stick it bang next to the bloody university!

Guest PointlessOwl

Apologies for the delay - stuck in a chuffing meeting all day so wasn't able to do it on my employer's time!

lol

All updated now, and the Donny pre-season friendly which I had somehow overlooked is on there now as well.

http://swfc.me/fixtures for anyone who wants to add it to their iPhone/Android/BlackBerry/computer/whatever

Sup bro!

I've already downloaded it before but do we need to Download a update now? Or will it auto do it?:)

Just sent this e-mail off to them

Dear Sir/Madam

I am a Sheffield Wednesday fan who is disgusted at the recent moving of the fixture between our clubs at the AMEX. I was planning to go but now I can't and you've lost a lot of money.

I don't see why you can't go ahead with the game on a Saturday, especially when there are many University cities with football teams that manage it. As much as I hate to praise them, Sheffield United manage it and Sheffield University is only a stone's throw away.

Its worse that you've moved it to a Friday though, why not a Sunday? The main problem is that because of the distance between Bright and Sheffield, you are our furthest away trip, barely anyone will be able to get from work to Brighton in time. Wednesday have a massive away following and in normal circumstances the away stand would be full, but now you'll only see a fraction of that, and only a fraction of their money.

You could have moved it to the Sunday, when this problem wouldn't have mattered. It would have been an inconvenience to the people who would have wanted to make a full weekend of it, but you would still have filled the away stand.

You've made a big mistake which will cost you money.

Your regard,

Adam Allcroft.