An evening with Gary Megson

Guest owl forever

Guest owl forever

News and Events at The Wortley Arms

Monday 2nd July - An Evening with... gary megson

Former Sheffield Wednesday manager gary megson  will be joining us at The Wortley Arms for an evening of questions and answers, accompanied as always with a fine four course meal.

Monday 2nd July

£40.00 per person

Due to the nature of this event tickets must be booked in advance

Guest lamort

Events there are always fantastic, worth it just for the food. Be interesting to see what Megson says now we're promoted.

Guest dirtyharry

The title makes it sound like he's going to talk to the dead or do some magic tricks. Maybe even a turn?

Would love to be able to get to it, for me Megson deserves a lot of credit for where we are today.

Agreed, he deserves a massive amount of credit for turning this club around and getting us on the right track.

That said, so does Dave Jones and bringing him in was just the shot in the arm our season needed as I firmly believe that had the change not happened we'd have faltered in the playoffs and would be experiencing yet another summer of ridicule from the pigs.

Megson does deserve a lot of praise but I've always thought his failure to acknowledge what Dave Jones has done since coming to the club a little disappointing and I think it would be a shame if he were to turn this evening into another speech on how he feels like a surrogate mother, doing all the hard work and watching somebody else reap the rewards.

Megson does deserve a lot of praise but I've always thought his failure to acknowledge what Dave Jones has done since coming to the club a little disappointing and I think it would be a shame if he were to turn this evening into another speech on how he feels like a surrogate mother, doing all the hard work and watching somebody else reap the rewards.

I dont think it's a case of somebody else reaping the rewards for his hard work, you could argue the other side of that, that Megson simply made it look harder than it was and Jones showed him how it should have been done.

He does deserve some praise as he did a decent job, but in all fairness I think he's had more than enough praise already.

As I keep saying, I have nothing against this bloke, he's a former Wednesday manager, that's all, and I will wish him nothing but good luck in his next job, but I personally can't imagine him having anything new or interesting to say on this evening, and to be honest it's long since been time to move on from Megson, he was decent enough, but Jones has been brilliant, and its now time to look forwards in the championship, which as much as I like the man, I highly doubt I would be saying that had Megson remained in charge.

Edited by leea8331

He's actually very good to be around. When you see him you think he's a boring, moaning ginger git, however, he's actually very funny and a very decent man to talk to. Its a shame that his football style is utterly dour and boring and many will say that matches his personality but they couldn't be more wrong.

Will he have anything different to say? No. Just same babble about hard work and desire.

Think alot of our fans need to move on now as we have a better manager and are aiming higher than we would be under him.

I wouldn't go, mainly because you'd get a load of people pandering to Megson and telling him how they still wished he was in the job blah blah blah.

I've said on a number of occasions that I thought that he did a very good job for the club and he certainly deserves credit for his contribution to our promotion.

In saying that - Dave Jones is now our manager - and he is the man who ultimately led us to that promotion, playing a much better brand of football, and a manager who I think may well take us further than Megson could ever have done.