An evening with Gary Megson

Guest owl forever

Guest Big Guns

Yet he was good enough to get West Brom into the Premier League twice and keep an ordinary Bolton team there despite opposition from the fans throughout?

I'm just saying most people on here now think that megson started the job but couldn't finish it ,thinking its a compliment to him

Surely its an insult isn't it ?

Guest Big Guns

When asked he said 'No one knows how it would have gone, but he would have liked the chance' - and that he managed to do it at West Brom and things were on course at Wednesday.

He spoke a lot about his hate of Neil Warnock - that was quite funny!

I think most of us could see wot was going to happen

Like you said play offs ,and thats questionable...

Guest lamort

I think most of us could see wot was going to happen

Like you said play offs ,and thats questionable...

As much as I didn't think so at the time, Milan made the right decision.

I guess that's why he's worth millions and I'm not! :)

Edited by lamort

Guest Big Guns

Dont rise to him mate big guns minute football brain

So you think megson will agree that he started the job but wasn't good enough to finish it ?

I'm just saying most people on here now think that megson started the job but couldn't finish it...

I've said before that this will be the commonly accepted perception of it, regardless of whether it's true or not and based largely on the four games before we beat the pigs. Given purely how many points we ended up ultimately needing thanks to United's excellent form until the last couple of games, it's difficult to imagine us achieving second place had things stayed the same. But of course we can't prove it either way.

Surely its an insult isn't it ?

I think it is, yes. And as I mentioned in my last post, an assumption that has a lot of evidence going against it.

Guest Big Guns

I've said before that this will be the commonly accepted perception of it, regardless of whether it's true or not and based largely on the four games before we beat the pigs. Given purely how many points we ended up ultimately needing thanks to United's excellent form until the last couple of games, it's difficult to imagine us achieving second place had things stayed the same. But of course we can't prove it either way.

I think it is, yes. And as I mentioned in my last post, an assumption that has a lot of evidence going against it.

Yep regardless of wot might have happened or not happened ,all I'm trying to say is people saying it was a team effort etc ,are thinking there praising megson ,when infact its a insult to him

I'm sure you understand wot I'm saying even if the less educated don't .....

Yep regardless of wot might have happened or not happened ,all I'm trying to say is people saying it was a team effort etc ,are thinking there praising megson ,when infact its a insult to him

I'm sure you understand wot I'm saying even if the less educated don't .....

The comprehensive 2-0 victory against the blades and the galvanising effect that had on the squad. , the blades loss of chead evans and our weak run-in.

I Think Megson could have earned us second spot no problems.

Edited by Dark$ide

Guest Big Guns

The comprehensive 2-0 victory against the blades and the galvanising effect that had on the squad. , the blades loss of chead evans and our weak run-in.

2-0 ?

As supportive of Megson as I am, I'm not convinced that we'd have had 'no problems' trying to get the 31 out of 39 points that we needed at that point. Had we known that at the time I'm sure almost all of us would have given it up as a hopeless task. That Jones was able to get 32 points from the 36 available to him was a truly astonishing feat and I think you might be guilty of belittling it here.

Guest lamort

2-0 ?

I must have been in the bog with you when we scored the second!

Edited by lamort

Guest We Shall Overcome

For me, the biggest problem was the brand of football after a while fans, would have been on his back as it is he's still a legend to some fans.

When asked he said 'No one knows how it would have gone, but he would have liked the chance' - and that he managed to do it at West Brom and things were on course at Wednesday.

He was a lot less bitter than portrayed in Late Kick-Off - but he's had time to think about it I guess.

He spoke a lot about his hate of Neil Warnock - that was quite funny!

What did he say about Colin?

I was watching a dvd of our first promotion the other day and Megson started off the boing bless him at our civic reception!

What did he say about Colin?

I was watching a dvd of our first promotion the other day and Megson started off the boing bless him at our civic reception!

What is this boing thing pal ?

Do you all just stand there shouting boing boing jumping on the spot ?