Last Time there was 38,000 Wednesdayites in Hillsborough

30 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I went in the top half of the Lep against Liverpool. It was split between us and them. 

yes did the same ...as you look form the stand, we were over in to the left of it, towards the North stand

8 hours ago, Imre Varadi's Conker said:

I was in the Kop for that match too! Brilliant memories, Utd had been hammering everyone to that point.

My first match that, remember leapy Lee heading in from a corner, carnage. I was 9 lol

actually went in 79 v Blackpool but can't really remember much from that as I was 3

38,082 against Wycombe was the last time we hit over 38,000 however we got close against Arsenal in the cup with 35,065 and for those who are wondering we had 34,260 against Brighton in the playoffs last season.

41 minutes ago, Dave DJ said:

38,082 against Wycombe was the last time we hit over 38,000 however we got close against Arsenal in the cup with 35,065 and for those who are wondering we had 34,260 against Brighton in the playoffs last season.

aye.....Sell outs aren't what they used to be....................

Does anyone know the crowd for the game v Everton in 1985 early in the Season - I think Tues night?   We were up near the top of the league and went 1.0 up, then they scored 5 (inc Linnaker with header if I remember right). I was crushed on the cop and felt like a massive crowd. Was a bit gutted and embarrassed but left thinking how good that Everton side was. Beat us again later in the season in fa cup semi. 

On 01/05/2012 at 23:14, Pulsar said:

I'm pretty sure Hirst scored our goal that day?

Was a great run and strike if memory serves, and there were definately 15,000 Cov fans there.

Probs Liverpool in the Milk Cup is the most Wednesdayites i have witnessed. Out of a 49,000+ crowd there must have been nearly 45,000 Owls.

Also remember we had 42,000 against Southampton in the FA cup in the 80's and it was live on TV.(And it was full price - flip off piggies)

We are a sleeping (MASSIVE)giant that is being re-awakened!

UTO!

Glad to see someone mentioned the Southampton quarter final in 1984. Drew 0-0. 43000 in Hillsborough. Lost 5-1 in the replay. 

1 hour ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Does anyone know the crowd for the game v Everton in 1985 early in the Season - I think Tues night?   We were up near the top of the league and went 1.0 up, then they scored 5 (inc Linnaker with header if I remember right). I was crushed on the cop and felt like a massive crowd. Was a bit gutted and embarrassed but left thinking how good that Everton side was. Beat us again later in the season in fa cup semi. 

Talking of big crowds at Hillsborough what about Everton in 1977 we were struggling  in the old 3rd Div. and played them in the league cup 4th round , there was 36000 there that night and we were only getting about 12K for league games