Last Time there was 38,000 Wednesdayites in Hillsborough

As the title says I can only think of Burnley in the cup quarterfinal of 83 and before that Chelsea in the cup in the seventies when Osgood played, both MASSIVE crowds, there the only ones I can think of since we got relegated by Man City in 1970.

I remember that cov game well... Hadnt we just played at highfield rd infront of 8000 crowd and then they brought a 12000 away following to hillsborough? Maggots

We agree on 12000 then!!

I remember that cov game well... Hadnt we just played at highfield rd infront of 8000 crowd and then they brought a 12000 away following to hillsborough? Maggots

We agree on 12000 then!!

Aye they got cup fever that season and went on to win it, I remember going to the Semi final at Hillsborough when they beat Leeds a few weeks later !

48k v cov fa quarter final 87'

Loads of cov fan's though

FA CUP 6th Round 1987

Sat 14 Mar COVENTRY CITY 1-3 48,005 I think Coventry brought about 12,000 that day though !

That was a cracking atmosphere and a glorious sunny day. Biggest crowd i was ever part of at Hillsborough but the result was a shame. Megson scored our goal that day too too.

Edited by clud17

used to be a 10 min highlight video of this on youtube, but can't find it anymore. That quoted 15,000 Coventry fans

To be honest I'm guessing at 12,000 but 15,000 would probably have been a guess too, to my knowledge (and my memory is fading) it was not all ticket v Coventry and the Leppings Lane End held about 14,000 max back then if I'm not mistaken !

Guest GEETHEOWL

What was the exact attendance for the home leg of the brentford play off semi in 05? Cant find it anywhere.

dont think it reached 30,000 they hardly brought any fans!

The most recent highest crowd was 2nd May 2010 when we drew with Crystal Palace and were relegated - crowd was 37,121. The last time the crowd topped 38,000 was 11th May 1997 against Liverpool in the Premier League - a 1-1 draw with a crowd of 38,943. You have to go back to 1992 to beat that - 40,327 on 11th March 1992 when Sheffield United beat us 3-1.