Raiding league one

What's hope powell taking a look at freeman for?

In case he has a sex change?

Not liking these lists of league 1 also rans people keep coming out with tbh - if/when we go up we're gonna need better than the majority of the names here

Freeman might be worth scouting - Beavon because of the circumstances meaning he's likely to be cheap - and thats about it

Before we do anything else we should try to get get Batth and Treacy sewn up. As for Antonio well that's another question.

I must admit I was hugely impressed by Freeman against United on Saturday, imagine him playing just off Madine.

If there is some big money to spend, midfield would be my concern.

Guest keyser soze

Jones needs to tell Beavon "we'll sign you if we go up, but if we don't, you'll be out of our budget"

That should put him off before ko

Rhodes & goal machine would be decent in the championship.

Judge at county is a great player, as is Stephen Quinn. With JJ, Treacy & Antonio probably on their way out, well be left short in the wide positions.

Need to get that playmaker position next to Semedo sorted tho. Lines has been patchy this season. There is no one on Lge1 who can play that position in the championship really.

The back 4 is pretty solid, if we can keep hold of Batth.

Possibly a question mark over Bywater, so maybe Smithies from Hudds is a good shout.

Agree with lot of names here - definitely look at Pugh, Cox, Bostwick, Freeman. Maybe Shaun Williams at MK too.

Few of the players we played against on Sautrday: Harlee Dean (on loan from So'ton); Jake Bidwell (Everton) and Karleigh Osbourne all look like being free transfers in the summer - right age and decent squad players.

James Wallace, Florent Cuvelier, Lateef Elford-Alliyu - all looked good whilst on loan from Prem clubs in L1.

Other young players: Danny Mayor, James Berrett.

Also, hope to see Semi and Bennett leave, and seeing as full-back's been a problem position this season, would like to see someone like Eddie Nolan come in, who's versatile, knows club, wouldn't cost too much, and add bit of depth to those positions

Guest LittonOwl

Jamie Paterson of Walsall - tormented us both times we played them this season. Coppinger would be a good shout or even Stock.

Permanent signings of Batth and Antonio have to be priorities for us though.

what do you think of gleeson scram?

every time i've seen him he's looked very dangerous and hard working

he's okay and so far on a continuous upward curve in his career - could be a decent shout

I just think too many of the names mentioned are just at their level - they just scream out being league 1 players

If we're gonna be making an impression on the championship we don't wanna be filling our team with so-so league 1 players

Guest ESS6-BOY

Freeman, Rhodes, Saunders and Beavon.

good call...apart from Rhodes who we won't get, I think the others would be worth a punt and shouldn't cosst that much :wacko:

Guest TonyOwl88

I think we could definately look at Stevenage players, and Freeman in particular as mentioned previously. Bostwick also seems to be influencial. You may well be talking about Championship players though by this summer because I know I wouldn't fancy them in the play-offs.

Sam Saunders looked very threatening for Brentford. I wouldn't mind having him.

Francois Zoko for Carlisle always looks like a bit of a live-wire.

Simek is a good right back... but I guess we wouldn't do that would we?

Agree with lot of names here - definitely look at Pugh, Cox, Bostwick, Freeman. Maybe Shaun Williams at MK too.

Few of the players we played against on Sautrday: Harlee Dean (on loan from So'ton); Jake Bidwell (Everton) and Karleigh Osbourne all look like being free transfers in the summer - right age and decent squad players.

James Wallace, Florent Cuvelier, Lateef Elford-Alliyu - all looked good whilst on loan from Prem clubs in L1.

Other young players: Danny Mayor, James Berrett.

Also, hope to see Semi and Bennett leave, and seeing as full-back's been a problem position this season, would like to see someone like Eddie Nolan come in, who's versatile, knows club, wouldn't cost too much, and add bit of depth to those positions

Mayor from Preston is a good shout but Eddie nolan would not improve us IMO

he's okay and so far on a continuous upward curve in his career - could be a decent shout

I just think too many of the names mentioned are just at their level - they just scream out being league 1 players

If we're gonna be making an impression on the championship we don't wanna be filling our team with so-so league 1 players

IF we get up we need to be looking at players who could possibly play Prem Football , Most decent signings will be looking for a minimum 2 year deal ............. we will be in the Prem then :Hirsty:

Mayor from Preston is a good shout but Eddie nolan would not improve us IMO

Not really looking for Nolan as an improvement or starter. Just think we need a few steady squad players in certain positions, who won't cost too much and wouldn't be on too much money - would mean we can push the boat out more on other players.

If we do go up, unwise not to look below for players. 2 of top 3 Championship scorers have plied their trade down here. ALF, Mason, Davies, Deeney, Austin, Ings all made the step up and scored goals. In many ways I'd rather see Stuart Beavon arrive in the summer, than us sign an 'established' Championship player like Blackstock or Chopra. Be on 1/4 of the money and actually have a point to prove.

Aaron Cresswell is sort of the case in point. Tranmere player last season, and now being talked about as Ipswich's POTY (not sure if he did end up winning).

A lot of these players are in their late 20's and have been kicking around the lower leagues too long, as Scram says, it probably their level. The only investments should be genuine stand out quality ( Rhodes ) or take a gamble on talented youngster who may get better. Both those cost money though