JJ fit again?

Dead leg?...fookin' dead leg?...Me brother used to give me one o those for a laugh...stopped hurtin' after 20 minutes!

What is it these days?...Bloody cruciate ligaments?..never had 'em...

Can you imagine Gerry Young sayin' to the physio.."I think ive done me cruciate"

He's be told to bllx...Sponge on the groin...up he'd get...

Don't get me started on "Medials"....Where have these all come from....you got players goin' down with soddin' carpel tunnel syndrome...what next...The bloody flux and the vapours...fvckin' dead leg...flip off!

Brilliant. Good post. lol

Evenin' all

COG for me, holds up the ball like an ox and is great on the ball, he could thread a few balls through for Lowe to nip in. whereas Morrison is pretty good at having his back to goal and getting pushed over ( rarely with a free kick) .

Nothing against Morrison but feel COG adds more.

With the new approach it might be better to go with Morrison

Were you at the last match at Hillsborough? When Morrison came on I was expecting him to link up fairly well (especially with us 3-0 up), but every time he touched the ball he either fell over or mis-controlled it. I like Morrison for some inexplicable reason, but O'Grady actually came on and did a job towards the end of the Bury match, Clinton came on and did nothing except break up our attacks against Bournemouth.

Dead leg?...fookin' dead leg?...Me brother used to give me one o those for a laugh...stopped hurtin' after 20 minutes!

What is it these days?...Bloody cruciate ligaments?..never had 'em...

Can you imagine Gerry Young sayin' to the physio.."I think ive done me cruciate"

He's be told to bllx...Sponge on the groin...up he'd get...

Don't get me started on "Medials"....Where have these all come from....you got players goin' down with soddin' carpel tunnel syndrome...what next...The bloody flux and the vapours...fvckin' dead leg...flip off!

Evenin' all

Thought it was a poem been trying to make it rhyme lol

Sportsmen have never been fitter and the fitter they become the more suspect to injury they become, hamstrings especially.

Definitely Morrison ahead of O'Grady if Madine were to miss out IMO.

O'Grady was vital to the way Megson wanted to play, but i'm not convinced that he is mobile enough to play how Jones has had Madine and Lowe playing.

He fitted into the pass and move style at Rochdale with Dagnall up front.

Guest wilyfox

Definitely Morrison ahead of O'Grady if Madine were to miss out IMO.

O'Grady was vital to the way Megson wanted to play, but i'm not convinced that he is mobile enough to play how Jones has had Madine and Lowe playing.

O'Grady is more athletic and mobile than Morrison; O'Grady over Morrison everytime for me. very disappointed with Clinton's contribution during his 2 seasons with us. terrific character, and great to have about the place; but on the field...poor, shadow of his former-self.

Guest pops55

A dead leg usually one of the quads thats effected, causes bleeding into the muscle compartment can be very serious, painful and take along time to recover from

Guest wilyfox

A dead leg usually one of the quads thats effected, causes bleeding into the muscle compartment can be very serious, painful and take along time to recover from

i appreciate that; but he lasted the 90 minutes against County. he wasn't forced off by the injury, and will have had 72hrs of rest and physio. just sounds a little soft to me; but we'll see... don't even know if he'll definitely be missing yet...

Guest pops55

I was just trying to explain the mechanism of the injury.

The fact that he finished the game depend on when he sustained the dead leg, however, the muscle will continue to bleed four a few hours after the initial impact worsening over a period of time, hopefully the muscle compartment will have ruptured on impact, therfore, bleeding out and releaseing the pressure but if the compartment didn't rupture then the pressure builds which can be very serious and very painful.

For some reason Clinton is still popular with fans, probably because of his enthusiasm and commitment, but lets face it, he's been a MASSIVE disappointment for us. O'Grady is more effective. He holds the ball better than Clinton, he's stronger and more awkward. He was sent on at Meadow Lane to hold the ball up, get in their faces, antagonise them and generally keep the ball in their half. He did it brilliantly, although he could have been sent off after retaliating to a bad challenge.

I was just trying to explain the mechanism of the injury.

The fact that he finished the game depend on when he sustained the dead leg, however, the muscle will continue to bleed four a few hours after the initial impact worsening over a period of time, hopefully the muscle compartment will have ruptured on impact, therfore, bleeding out and releaseing the pressure but if the compartment didn't rupture then the pressure builds which can be very serious and very painful.

I've had a dead leg from football and you dont really feel it properly during the game, it doesnt impede you as much initially. But once you stop and your body cools down its like the muscle goes solid and feels quite painful for a couple of days. Usually clears up after that.

Guest Sniper1

Dead legs an take up to 10 days to clear up.

I almost missed a game because of a dead leg but i heal like Des Walker so i was reyt.