Why are we so poor in night games?

Night games arent depressing, I like them better. Cold night air, the floodlights. Used to be even better when grounds had proper floodlight pylons. You could see them as you approached the ground. Something special about looking up at old fashioned floodlights in the rain.

Some of my best memories were on nights like that - particularly cup games - or is it just me ?

Some of my best memories were on nights like that - particularly cup games - or is it just me ?

I agree - but I think it's to do with 1) we used to have a half decent team and 2) standing on the kop with god knows how many thousands of others with a feeling like the crowd disappeared into the night sky. When the kop isn't that full, it's cold and dark and you are sat down it makes a huge difference to the atmosphere.

Ahh the memories..........Burnley FA cup quarter final, West Ham FA cup quarter final, Everton FA cup sagas, Liverpool league cup, Chelsea league cup (both in the 80s & 90s), promotion campaign night matches standing on the kop (uncovered & covered). Sitting down to watch Bury tonight just doesn't fill you with excitement - we need desperately to get out of this league!!!!

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Predicting Wednesday results is EASY

Sunshine = WIN !

Cloudy = DRAW

Rain/Snow = LOSE

Night/On Sky = LOSE

Maybe we should play in La Liga then....

It's the atmosphere

It's dire for night games

Watch it tonite we'll be quiet as mice

Why?

Hard days work, couple of pre match pints, big tea or a pie at the match !

Think we should only sell DOUBLE VODKA AND RED BULLS and no pies at the nite time match days . Everyone would be buzzing and right up for it instead of half a sleep

They sell the weak crappy Smirn Off. Need the good stuff really.