Sorry Big Guns, but JOC is popular with those who matter.

Guest intercity0wl

Agreed. We all have opinions and are entitled to express them but the day the manager starts being influenced tactically by anyone other than his coaching support team will be the day that he's lost the plot. God help us if ever fan referendum helped pick the team.

lol it still doesn't make him a good player ,this is now going to turn into yet another joc bashing thread lol

Possibly but one more isn't going to make much difference. Original point is that Megson is his own man and he'll pick the team as he sees fit. Exactly how it should be.

Guest Big Guns

Possibly but one more isn't going to make much difference. Original point is that Megson is his own man and he'll pick the team as he sees fit. Exactly how it should be.

Not exactly breaking news is it still the wrong decision to play joc but megson will live and die by his decisions in the end

I agree BG he is absolutely useless and the only explanation I can see for him not being dropped is that it's either megson trying to teach jj a lesson ecause of his sending off or he's using the old faithful of don't change a winning team.now we lost Tuesday so hopefully megson does change it Saturday an drops joc off at job centre.i still can't see how megson can justify sending coke out on loan and keeping joc

Not exactly breaking news is it still the wrong decision to play joc but megson will live and die by his decisions in the end

Exactly. If he gets us promoted I couldn't give a monkeys who he picks. Just get us out of this division and then move on. If the next 7 games reaps the same return as the last 7 we'll probably be in the top 2.

Can't see that Megson would be punishing JJ after his sending off, more likely that JJ isn't offering a viable alternative at the moment. If that were the case, are we to see Prutton up front instead of Madine following his sending off

Any one, never mind a professional football manager, who thinks that O'Connor was our best player against Colchester should be committed on the spot.

So why take him off at half time then?......because JJ offers something different!!!....b*ll*cks...if you want JJ on fine, but you wouldn't take off your best player would you......JJ offers something different to Marshall (i.e. one's poo poo, the other isn't) so why not take Marshall off?

Megson's support of O'Connor is admirable in some ways but dont insult us by saying he was our best player when you've taken him off at half time

Guest Big Guns

Double post

Exactly this your best players don't get subbed at half time if jocs was our best player then he should have subbed marshall and brought jj on ,megson talking bollx

JOC's job is to help kill any early threat from the opposition and provide a basis for a late assault on our opponents.

Megson tries to ensure we don't concede the first goal. Then we have a platform from which we can attack the game to win it.

Why hasn't anyone took notice of this?

Generally speaking, it works.

However, when it doesn't, normally when teams are really up for a game against us, and we receive a constant bombardment, and cracks eventually show, the blame cannot be laid squarely at the feet of one man. We need to defend better as a team.

Any one, never mind a professional football manager, who thinks that O'Connor was our best player against Colchester should be committed on the spot.

So why take him off at half time then?......because JJ offers something different!!!....b*ll*cks...if you want JJ on fine, but you wouldn't take off your best player would you......JJ offers something different to Marshall (i.e. one's poo poo, the other isn't) so why not take Marshall off?

Megson's support of O'Connor is admirable in some ways but dont insult us by saying he was our best player when you've taken him off at half time

Think he said best passer rather than best player. You do to be fair at least focus on the manager who after all is the person picking the team. JOC is a professional and he gets on with it. This campaign of criticism , justified or otherwise, should therefore be addressed at the manager not the player. Personally to me this season its solely about getting out of this division. So far we seem in reasonable shape so I'm personally pretty happy with Megson.

Edited by sal1