Sorry Big Guns, but JOC is popular with those who matter.

Guest intercity0wl

People used to make up rubbish about Potter, about how he slowed play down, broke up the flow of the oppostion, sprayed the ball around and was pivotal in midfield.

He was flipping crap and so is O'Connor, they were the midfield of our relegation.

If O'Connor does all people say he does what does that say for Marshall, Palmer and Semedo?! Do they just stand around watching O'Connor do his Josse's Giant's impression?!

Horribe depressing read actually.

Megson basically saying joc wil stay in the team for the rest of the season.

If I were prutton/ palmer/ coke I would be devastated that poo like him gets the nod over them.

I think he's saying that JOC stays for now. There is no implication that this will last the full season. As you say, Megson will stand or fall on decisions. If he gets us promoted, and we are in pretty good shape at the moment, then he'll stand. Fan obsession with JOC won't alter this.

I don't mind having JOC in the starting XI, but would prefer someone more attacking (especially at home).

But my biggest fear was that, since the Utd game, Megson would keep pointing towards the statistics of the previous match to prove his point. I've mentioned this a few times and it infuriated people when Irvine did it.

JOC might have a higher pass completion percentage n more shots on target etc, but doesn't make him a better player / more useful asset to people with less !!

Please Please PLEASE Megson, do not quote stats to us again to prove your stubborn point.

Edited by Euse

Guest intercity0wl

JOC is poo FACT

I notice GM doesn't roll out the prozine stats so readily with him, what would they be...

Tackles won 2 out of 10

Passes completed 1 out of 20

Time running round getting nowhere near player or ball 90%

contribution to team **** all

But we are not talking about JJ.

I don't mind having JOC in the starting XI, but would prefer someone more attacking (especially at home).

But my biggest fear was that, since the Utd game, Megson would keep pointing towards the statistics of the previous match to prove his point. I've mentioned this a few times and it infuriated people when Irvine did it.

JOC might have a higher pass completion percentage n more shots on target etc, but doesn't make him a better player / more useful asset to people with less !!

Please Please PLEASE Megson, do not quote stats to us again to prove your stubborn point.

Spot on.

I also don't think we've seen the best of Buxton with JOC on the right, as JOC always wants to tuck inside. This leaves Lewis with no natural outlet in front of him who is willing to go forward and attack.

Spot on.

I also don't think we've seen the best of Buxton with JOC on the right, as JOC always wants to tuck inside. This leaves Lewis with no natural outlet in front of him who is willing to go forward and attack.

JOC on the right? Buxton doing OK for me too.

Edited by sal1

JOC on the right? Buxton doing OK for me too.

I probably worded that wrong.

Buxton has had a great season - what I meant was when he has JOC playing in front of him he's having to do double the work as JOC always wants to tuck inside and 'sit'. Buxton doesn't have an 'attacking' outlet in front of him. It happended numerous times against Colchester; Lewis would bomb forward and then when wanting to play the outside ball JOC would be sat in the middle of the park.

Edited by owlZfan84

I probably worded that wrong.

Buxton has had a great season - what I meant was when he has JOC playing in front of him he's having to do double the work as JOC always wants to tuck inside and 'sit'. Buxton doesn't have an 'attacking' outlet in front of him.

I know what your saying and I agree, it works better with Marshall on the right with Buxton ... but then we're left with Reda & JOC ont left which leaves us with no pace and very little creativity.

I'm still amazed Palmer doesn't get more games on the right.

I know what your saying and I agree, it works better with Marshall on the right with Buxton ... but then we're left with Reda & JOC ont left which leaves us with no pace and very little creativity.

I'm still amazed Palmer doesn't get more games on the right.

Yep, totally agree about the Marshall/Buxton combo.

At least with Reda, we get the overlapping runs going forward. With JOC they are non-existant, and for games at home, it is so negative.

I'm baffled by Palmer not getting games either - mind boggling.

Personally, I think this will all be resolved in January when we bring in someone to play the other wide midfield spot.

Someone who is a natural wide player, but who tracks back whilst offering a good outlet going forward.

A JPM-type player would be ideal. Perhaps Roberts?

But until then a guess this is going to be how it will be; JOC to start out wide.

Personally, I think this will all be resolved in January when we bring in someone to play the other wide midfield spot.

Someone who is a natural wide player, but who tracks back whilst offering a good outlet going forward.

But until then a guess this is going to be how it will be; JOC to start out wide.

Can you imagine if Marshall goes back in January, and a wide player isn't bought in?

JOC and JJ on the wings to continue our promotion charge.

:st2:

Personally I don't think we need to bring in ANOTHER player who can play there. We have Palmer, JJ, JOC, Seggy, Marshall, Prutton, Lines (& COKE) who could, and at some point have, all played there and done well.

Like I said, I don't mind JOC playing on the right wing .... I would just prefer to play someone else, or at least try someone else for 1 game, and for Megson not to keep starting him to prove some sort of point.

When is anyone going to see Palmer,prutton,joc are not wingers.in my eyes you do not start playing players in different positions like we do because it takes away the fight for places.semedo,lines and the other 3 plus coke if he returns all have to fight for the 2 CM spots.jj sedgewick Marshall Danny jones all fight for wing positions that's what keeps players on there toes.i would be pissed off if I played on Wing and a CM was in my place every week.also as I said about jj being punished and someone replied about madine.yeah he has been vital to our season so far but if Lowe and COG play Saturday and play well what right does madine get to take one of there places the game after.competition for places this season is vital as soon as we start sticking with same players and they don't put the work in it turns into the irvine era

Can you imagine if Marshall goes back in January, and a wide player isn't bought in?

Not a pleasant thought!

But I actually think we'll manage to keep Marshall, and get someone else in - and I'm sure that beyond retaining Marshall and Batth, Megson will see this as his priority.

The fact he keeps subbing O'Connor fairly early in the game says it all for me, irrespective of what Megson says in the press (which he has to say really - what else could he say?).

No imagination needed, I can still remember Bury away.

However good James O'Connor may, or may not be, he is not the left winger of a promotion winning side.

I'm not having a go at JOC alone there. Sedgwick, Prutton, Palmer, and JJ are all makeshift left midfielders.

Edited by Raygun