Sorry Big Guns, but JOC is popular with those who matter.

Guest intercity0wl

All Megon's chat makes me think Sedgewick is the perfect winger for him on that side.

What's up with him?

Nothing. Just isn't preferred.

I've been beating this drum for a couple of weeks now. Sedgwick offers everything JOC offers us, plus he's actually a winger and can cross a ball. Sedgwick also had a good pre-season and started the season pretty well too. I honestly don't undertand the logic behind playing O'Connor outwide when we have so many different options, including the defensive minded Sedgwick.

i imagine we've all played football at one level or another...

whatever your particular level is, or was...

can you imagine being constantly picked for a job in a team where you know you're not good enough...

where you completely out of your depth...

where you know all your team mates know you're the weak link...

where you have to look better players (who are not playing) in the face when the team sheet is posted again...

this situation isn't good for sheffield wednesday, it isn't good for the team, it isn't good for the supporters, and it can't be doing joc any good either (he may have dropped off as a footballer) but he's not daft, he will know he's not good enough...

as for the happy clappers, time to face up to the truth he's not good enough, i can fully understand you're joy at one of you being selected though...

Edited by dnhc

Guest Sniper1

Look, i class myself as a happy clapper, i would say im a very positive person towards life in general.

However, JOC is f'kin poo , no two ways about it.

He offers nothing going forward and nothing defensively.

He's just making up the numbers at the moment, you dont get promoted with these players in the side on a regular basis.

People keep barking on about his work rate etc.

F'k off, work rate is nothing without ability, you have to be good at something, you have to offer something.

I could pick out about 2500 Wednesdayites out of the stands to run around for 90 minutes closing the opposition down.

Or in JOC's case 45 mins.

Despite the mix feelings on JOC i am willing to bet money with anyone that if JOC stays in our starting 11 we will not be

promoted.

He isn't good enough in his natural position so why play him on the left wing, shocking.

Come on Megson, its the only decision you have made that as me questioning you.

Last 4 games, subbed at half time twice and before the hour mark in the other 2 games.

How long does this continue?

One word meggo

Prutton

Guest Big Guns

Even in his best position he's wnk ,he's suppose to be a semedo type ball winner and be able to break up play he's never even been close so why megson plays him on the wing is mind boggling ,now can you joc fans stop starting threads cos he's only gunna,get bashed

I bow to mighty 33's judgement.

Cheers buddy

:biggrin:

F Off everybody else...!

I'll be glad when you are all back at school next week.

Haven't your Mums not told you to get off that chuffin' computer...?

Guest intercity0wl

Even in his best position he's wnk ,he's suppose to be a semedo type ball winner and be able to break up play he's never even been close so why megson plays him on the wing is mind boggling ,now can you joc fans stop starting threads cos he's only gunna,get bashed

Not quite right that BG, in the opening post i never said if i was happy with Joc continually being picked in the starting line up.

I was just conveying what was being reported and stating my opinion, that no matter how much you, me or any other poster keeps banging on with our personal take on JOC on here, it will have no effect whatsoever on the side GM ultimatly picks.

The days of the clubs top nobs having their own knee jerk self preservation reaction to the views of us lot are well and trully over, and although there are many decisions the club and manager take that i disagree with im quite happy for them to do things as they see fit, although just like you it dosent mean i wont moan about it sometimes.

Cheers buddy

:biggrin:

F Off everybody else...!

I'll be glad when you are all back at school next week.

Haven't your Mums not told you to get off that chuffin' computer...?

yes, last night mum told us all to get off the internet, but then there was no internet and we had to go and find it out west somewheres.

(unless u watched southpark last night u won't know what i am on about) lol

JOC's job is to help kill any early threat from the opposition and provide a basis for a late assault on our opponents.

Megson tries to ensure we don't concede the first goal. Then we have a platform from which we can attack the game to win it.

Why hasn't anyone took notice of this?

Generally speaking, it works.

However, when it doesn't, normally when teams are really up for a game against us, and we receive a constant bombardment, and cracks eventually show, the blame cannot be laid squarely at the feet of one man. We need to defend better as a team.

apart from tues night of course.