Megson on transfers

Guest AwayOwl1991

Guest AwayOwl1991

Megson post match #swfc bid

today for fringe Prem player, also trying for another Prem player loan. Delighted re Batth. Amond told no deal.

Loans? spend some flippingmoney mandaric.

Koumas and McDonald?

Guest UTO90

today for fringe Prem player, also trying for another Prem player loan. Delighted re Batth. Amond told no deal.

Koumas and McDonald?

what is your source for this info?

Guest Saturday Owl

Koumas and McDonald?

Spend some money? Are you having a laugh?!

Apart from the costs of us still being in League One and his 1.3M spent in January he's not really spent much has he?

Not to mention the money he's paid off too....

People saying spend some money are starting to wee wee me off now.

Guest AwayOwl1991

what is your source for this info?

Adam Oxley radio sheffield dingles commentator mate, on twitter.

Sounds like something's imminent.

Apart from the costs of us still being in League One and his 1.3M spent in January he's not really spent much has he?

Yeah so what, let's fork out for Mellor ffs, spend some money then he'll get it back when we get promoted?

Where's the ambition ffs?

Agreed but "sack Irvine" was a fair point that he ignored too long, hence the wasted funds.

I'm not sure its a lack of ambition per se, more an attempt to gain promotion through a more financially stringent approach than what many of us were expecting.

I guess we will see whether it was the right approach at the end of the season.

Yeah so what, let's fork out for Mellor ffs, spend some money then he'll get it back when we get promoted?

lets be fair- you can't really talk about having no ambition til we have finished signing the players. For instance, what if we manage to get players in that are better than Mellor?

If we turned out we bombed Mellor out to sign some poo like Marcus Bent, then you might have a point, but until then "where's the ambition" can't be taken seriously at all.

Spend the transfer money we've had in over the summer (plus a bit more!) then,

Yes, MM saved the club from extinction and you've got to thank him for that.

However, he didn't do it because he bleeds blue and white, he doesn't love the club or the long suffering fans.

He's a business man, in it to make as much as he can, as fast as he can.

Brian Robson stated the obvious in the channel 4 expose the other week saying that with the fanbase and the set up we have in position the club could be worth 300 million in 3 years time

And, of course. it could be............and yes, the team is looking better (tonight excepted) and heading in the right direction.

We just need a striker and a winger, get the right pair in and the team will be good enough to win league one. (Roberts and LeFondre, it's not rocket science!)

For someone who has invested a considerable amount in the club MM is driving me mad, where's the support he promised Megson?

A Rochdale player turning us down!!!!!!! WTF is that all about? (who only scored 9 times last season by the way, so good, stay where you are O'Grady)

We aint going to do owt without a quality winger and a strike partner for Madine, and MM won't be able to re coup his outlay...........it's a no brainer!

Do you really believe we'd be worth 300+ million in the prem!! That was Robson trying to sell a deal. He also said we'd average 38000 gates, when dud we ever average over 30000 in the prem. C'mon mate sort it out, it was nice to wind the blunts up with for a few hours but please don't tell me that you believed it :biggrin:

Guest Big Guns

Spend spend flippingspend its the only way if not don't moan when we don't get promoted,I will moan about the lack of spending

Milan has spent / invested over £12m in the last 9 months. That's more than anyone has invested in the last 15 or so years.

I think some people have short memories of how we ended up being minutes away from disappearing. Spending more than we could afford for years and years. Now it seems that some people want us to go down that route again.

The fact we actually have the ability to pay a fee for any player has really gone to peoples head!