Megson on transfers

Guest AwayOwl1991

It's not MM's fault we still need players. The buck stops with Megson. He insisted on Mellor instead of moving on to other targets when the player first said no. As soon as COG said no Megson should have had other targets in mind. Tony Stewart and Rotherham has made it clear a deal worth £500k or above would get Le Fondre. We paid more Madine than that, if reports are to be believed?? Why is Megson not interested in him? Mooney is available on a free transfer. He scored 14 goals last season in League 1, That's more than COG scored last season.

Players are available it's just that Megson can't them.

What happened to Megson's scouting system?

urgh.

Mandaric and Megson have both stated that they have made bids for players that havent come through just yet.

Its pretty obvious they are trying, and are aiming for quality, i cant believe any of them are getting stick from people on here.

the signings they have made should offer comfort about the type of player they are trying to bring in.

Guest thekelch

Megson post match #swfc bid

today for fringe Prem player, also trying for another Prem player loan. Delighted re Batth. Amond told no deal.

Loans? spend some flippingmoney mandaric.

Koumas and McDonald?

Not sure how bidding for a PL fringe player (McDonald at Norwich??) or chasing a PL player on loan, with the costs of a loan fee and covering a percentage of their wages isn't spending money?

Wages, not transfer fees is always the thing that matters most. If you read the book "Why England Lose and Other Curious Football Phenomena Explained" theres an amazing study where they looked at where clubs finished in the top flight over several years. They were able to predict to a 92% accuracy where a team would finish based on its wage budget, transfer fees made no difference.

Don't worry that all of our transfers have been frees so far, they're all very good players for this level and will be on comparative wages, this matters the most.

see where we are in six months and then mouth

I will tell you where we will be in six months.

We will be in existence.

The reason for that is, MILAN MANDARIC, did indeed, "PUT UP".

I think some people have short memories of how we ended up being minutes away from disappearing.

Minutes is an exaggeration.

All I remember was F5'ing the page on Twitter where the BBC journalist was reporting directly from the court. Those final moments when the judge was about to make their decision to either wind us up or adjourn for a couple more weeks were agony and it seemed to go on for a lifetime. This was all on a background of the club apparently lying to the judge that they had agreed two more weeks with the Co-Op, yet the bank's representatives were arguing against any such deal taking place the night before.

Do some people still not realise that it was only a judge's good-will which allows to to still have a football club to support? The judge would have been well within their rights to end SWFC completely (I'm still surprised they didn't), but decided to give us a bit of extra time to find some money as apparently we were an 'unusual case'.

If Mandaric didn't come in there's no guarantee anyone else would have been able to get us out of the mess - and even if they did, we certainly wouldn't have had any decent money for transfers if we resorted to a fan-takeover.