Megson on transfers

Guest AwayOwl1991

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Lets face it these signings are going to have to be up-and-coming players or players who are not established yet- like for example Batth. Griffiths and Keogh from wolves is my shout!!

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

So a Premier League striker on possibly a big wage is going to step down to League1????? How long has it taken for Megson to realise Mellor wasn't coming??? :rolleyes:

Lets be real here - we are talking about young Prem Players who would benefit from playing in Competitive football rather than reserve football.

We aren't talking about Adebayor or Bellamy are we??

Lets be real here - we are talking about young Prem Players who would benefit from playing in Competitive football rather than reserve football.

We aren't talking about Adebayor or Bellamy are we??

No, he's talking b0ll0x as usual

Milan has spent / invested over £12m in the last 9 months. That's more than anyone has invested in the last 15 or so years.

I think some people have short memories of how we ended up being minutes away from disappearing. Spending more than we could afford for years and years. Now it seems that some people want us to go down that route again.

The fact we actually have the ability to pay a fee for any player has really gone to peoples head!

i'd like to think that any proper wednesday fan recognises what milan has done in the last 9 months, and fully appreciates it...

and, i had hoped to have seen him make gradual improvements to the side and get us promoted...

however, milan has not hid the fact he was disappointed we were not promoted last season...

and all the talk was of bringing in the players to get the job done this time around...

well, with a couple of weeks to go, we're short on numbers, and woefully short on quality up front...

we cannot go up unless we score 80+...

this side as it stands is well short of that mark, and has spent time chasing targets from the championship it cannot secure...

rather than getting the best available at this level, that it could, such as semedo...

i'd like to think that any proper wednesday fan recognises what milan has done in the last 9 months, and fully appreciates it...

and, i had hoped to have seen him make gradual improvements to the side and get us promoted...

however, milan has not hid the fact he was disappointed we were not promoted last season...

and all the talk was of bringing in the players to get the job done this time around...

well, with a couple of weeks to go, we're short on numbers, and woefully short on quality up front...

we cannot go up unless we score 80+...

this side as it stands is well short of that mark, and has spent time chasing targets from the championship it cannot secure...

rather than getting the best available at this level, that it could, such as semedo...

i think people need to take stock. put aside the january transfers, and the money he spent in buying/saving us, hes also;

paid off Potter/Teale/Morrison

Signed Semedo (who was on his way to portugal) Rob Jones (who was under contract) Prutton, Bennett (who had championship offers) and now Batth onloan.

Also re-signed JJ, JOC and Buxton to new contracts

placed unsuccessful bids for a number of other targets including Mellor and COG

all in all, a busy summer. some on here maybe need to be a little grateful we are signing anyone at all.

nor do i blame him for keeping his powder dry - ill bet theres a fund and chunk of wages being held back for January to help give us a push.

i think people need to take stock. put aside the january transfers, and the money he spent in buying/saving us, hes also;

Signed Semedo (who was on his way to portugal) Rob Jones (who was under contract) Prutton, Bennett (who had championship offers) and now Batth onloan.

all in all, a busy summer. some on here maybe need to be a little grateful we are signing anyone at all.

nor do i blame him for keeping his powder dry - ill bet theres a fund and chunk of wages being held back for January to help give us a push.

undoubtably... lol

Guest Cottingham owl

Megson post match #swfc bid

today for fringe Prem player, also trying for another Prem player loan. Delighted re Batth. Amond told no deal.

Loans? spend some flippingmoney mandaric.

Koumas and McDonald?

A totally garbage opening post IMO. We've signed Batth on loan is that a bad idea seen as he's only here until January ?

I don't understand the mentality of some people who post on here MM saved this club from the graveyard. He spent millions on us so far not to say what he's doing off the field but yet he has no ambition ?

FFS were a league 1 club with a league 1 turnover. Yes we get bigger crowds then other clubs but still get the same television money. If you were a business man and you bought a company spending millions would you plough money into it in the first 18 months and then worry If you don't expand ? He is a business man surely he will look at our league position come jan and then decide to start preparing for the championship/ league one next season.

People like you p1ss me off one min he's out saviour and we all owe so much to him the next min he isn't spending enough of HIS OWN cash and isn't ambitious with us.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Spend the transfer money we've had in over the summer (plus a bit more!) then,

Yes, MM saved the club from extinction and you've got to thank him for that.

However, he didn't do it because he bleeds blue and white, he doesn't love the club or the long suffering fans.

He's a business man, in it to make as much as he can, as fast as he can.

Brian Robson stated the obvious in the channel 4 expose the other week saying that with the fanbase and the set up we have in position the club could be worth 300 million in 3 years time

And, of course. it could be............and yes, the team is looking better (tonight excepted) and heading in the right direction.

We just need a striker and a winger, get the right pair in and the team will be good enough to win league one. (Roberts and LeFondre, it's not rocket science!)

For someone who has invested a considerable amount in the club MM is driving me mad, where's the support he promised Megson?

A Rochdale player turning us down!!!!!!! WTF is that all about? (who only scored 9 times last season by the way, so good, stay where you are O'Grady)

We aint going to do owt without a quality winger and a strike partner for Madine, and MM won't be able to re coup his outlay...........it's a no brainer!

Le Fondre ffs!

It's not MM's fault we still need players. The buck stops with Megson. He insisted on Mellor instead of moving on to other targets when the player first said no. As soon as COG said no Megson should have had other targets in mind. Tony Stewart and Rotherham has made it clear a deal worth £500k or above would get Le Fondre. We paid more Madine than that, if reports are to be believed?? Why is Megson not interested in him? Mooney is available on a free transfer. He scored 14 goals last season in League 1, That's more than COG scored last season.

Players are available it's just that Megson can't them.

What happened to Megson's scouting system?

It's not MM's fault we still need players. The buck stops with Megson. He insisted on Mellor instead of moving on to other targets when the player first said no. As soon as COG said no Megson should have had other targets in mind. Tony Stewart and Rotherham has made it clear a deal worth £500k or above would get Le Fondre. We paid more Madine than that, if reports are to be believed?? Why is Megson not interested in him? Mooney is available on a free transfer. He scored 14 goals last season in League 1, That's more than COG scored last season.

Players are available it's just that Megson can't them.

What happened to Megson's scouting system?

What a f'ucking drip.

MY

poo poo

IS

HAAAAAAAANGING

I'm pretty sure Megson isn't going to panic buy like Irvine did. Megson said he has a system he wants to play and he has a list of targets that he wants to bring in, so far 4 players have come in plus the players that have signed new deals. This shows me one thing Milan will back Megson so when Megson decides a player might be worth a punt we put a bid in, the fact that we put a small bid in for COG says to me Megsons said if you can get him cheap get him in. Istill think we've got deals in place and tied up and i wouldn't be surprised if we see someone from stoke come in on loan (not whelan but a youngster). As for Mellor i think Megson will wait for him as he's a player Megson knows and rates i think he'll wait till the last possible moment to give Mellor the chance to join.