Adam le fondre

megson and other football professionals must also be messed up. None of them seem willing to take the gamble on him.

Do you understand what a fact is or are you messed up?

And what would happen if every football manager took that attitude? That's right, they'd all stand back until someone else made a bid, except that bid would never come because they'd all be waiting for the others to make the first move.

Most football clubs are un-workable financially at the moment- therefore there will be very few who can afford to buy Le Fondre anyway, especially at League One level (his next logical step).

Guest fatherjack

He will after fly back from portugal if we have had a bid accepted- toytowners have gone there this morning

Oh sorry, I didn't realise he'd been watching Le Fondre play for us for the last 5 years and formed the opinion that he couldn't play in a Megson team because of this.

The only solid evidence that anyone can really go on is the man's goalscoring record. I think its pretty good. A lot of you have strangely decided to ignore it and come up with your own speculative reasons why it should be ignored.

Big guns wannabe? I'm not trying to attention seek (unlike yourself- you've waded into this argument with no actual point of your own but a desire to make yourself heard anyway). I reckon I have a reasonable and valid argument that deserves to be heard.

He can still have an opinion on whether he thinks he's the type of player we should go for, based on how we play. Goal record or no goal record.

Personally speaking I couldn't give a flying one whether we sign ALF or not. I think he'd be over priced and would be the type of player we'd have to carry; and yes I have watched him play. Megson doesn't want passengers (as proved by his other signings) he want's grafters. Therefore I don't see him as a Megson type signing anyway.

As for your third paragraph - :laugh: Good to see you post more than a few syllables for a change though!

Guest BoomTownOwls

And what would happen if every football manager took that attitude? That's right, they'd all stand back until someone else made a bid, except that bid would never come because they'd all be waiting for the others to make the first move.

exactly, a football manager eventually will take a gamble on a player they consider good enough.

NOBODY is prepared to do that with ALF as apparently none of them think he is good enough.

Your argument about football finances is flawed, look at all the strikers that have been or will be transferred this Summer.

He gets 20 odd a season. As a whole.

Its too black and white to just look at it that way, you have to take into account their all round game too.

I dont doubt that given the right service ALF would score goals for SWFC. But IMO he would cost a lot and is a similar type of player to Heffernan.

O'Grady on the other hand, should cost less, is more versatile, quicker and stronger. Those are the kind of players who have done better in a SWFC team in recent years, from what I've seen.

Thats a very fair point fella.My point was that some people on here make him out to be as bad as Kim Olsen when in fact he could do a job for any number of clubs up to Championship level.

Thats a very fair point fella.My point was that some people on here make him out to be as bad as Kim Olsen when in fact he could do a job for any number of clubs up to Championship level.

He'd get goals for most teams if the ball is regularly in the box. If someone like Chris Dagnall can get a move to the Championship then LeFondre could too. I wouldnt be gutted if we signed him by any means but I'd rather have a quicker bustling forward who really lets defenders know they are in a game.

Guest BoomTownOwls

A number of clubs have been linked with him for a couple of season now.

of course they have. Creating hype on the media is his agents job

the point being, nobody has made a concerted effort to get him.

Unfotunately, things being as they are, we aint in a position to buy a "wonder striker"........we ought to be able to afford Alfie though.........and I honestly believe he would be great, especially if him and Madine "clicked" and I see no reason why they shouldn't.

Make no mistake here, LeFondre is hot stuff...The Dingles want him, Coventry want him, the lesser Sheffield team want him.........

I hope we get him, it shows a bit of intent and puts the fear factor into our rivals, and that's half the battle in this league...............25,000+ crowds, Madine and Lefondre up front, J.J. on the wing, I'd not fancy it if I were an opposition player.

plus it would upset the Toytowners into the bargain......it's win win!

And if it all goes pear shaped sell him on...........

People saying an expensive gamble are wrong, it's giving us a real shout at actually doing something instead of a repeat of last season............Every signing is a gamble, but the rewards would far exceed half a million quid if it came off.

Bring him on he's just the man we need.

Edited by Nick13

Unfotunately, things being as they are, we aint in a position to buy a "wonder striker"........we ought to be able to afford Alfie though.........and I honestly believe he would be great, especially if him and Madine "clicked" and I see no reason why they shouldn't.

Make no mistake here, LeFondre is hot stuff...The Dingles want him, Coventry want him, the lesser Sheffield team want him.........

I hope we get him, it shows a bit of intent and puts the fear factor into our rivals, and that's half the battle in this league...............25,000+ crowds, Madine and Lefondre up front, J.J. on the wing, I'd not fancy it if I were an opposition player.

plus it would upset the Toytowners into the bargain......it's win win!

And if it all goes pear shaped sell him on...........

People saying an expensive gamble are wrong, it's giving us a real shout at actually doing something instead of a repeat of last season............Every signing is a gamble, but the rewards would far exceed half a million quid if it came off.

Bring him on he's just the man we need.

When you flying back ALF?

Guest Sheff Owl

OK so clubs have been linked with him for a couple of seasons now...hmmmm...i'll repeat my question so why has nobody picked him up yet??

He can still have an opinion on whether he thinks he's the type of player we should go for, based on how we play. Goal record or no goal record.

Personally speaking I couldn't give a flying one whether we sign ALF or not. I think he'd be over priced and would be the type of player we'd have to carry; and yes I have watched him play. Megson doesn't want passengers (as proved by his other signings) he want's grafters. Therefore I don't see him as a Megson type signing anyway.

As for your third paragraph - :laugh: Good to see you post more than a few syllables for a change though!

Obviously Megson doesn't want passengers. But, equally obviously, it is your opinion that ALF would be a passenger. It is mine that he would not.

The goalscoring record argument clearly outweighs the 'he might not fit perfectly into Megson's team', or the "I've seen him a few times and I didn't think he was very good' argument to anyone with half a brain.

As for the question of whether he can make the step up, he will certainly not if not given the chance. But, I will say this- for players with as good a goalscoring record as Le fondre's in League Two, there are not many who could not make the step up to League One.

As for your third paragraph- don't try to belittle me. You're obviously basing your opinions on little snippets of information you pick up on the rare occasions when your brain is functioning.

Are you Alf's agent, Nick?

Nah, his dad!

Seriously though, I can't see anything else in this price range that has the potential to be so good for us.

Just by signing him the rest of the league would start feeling a bit nervous........sure, it could be a mistake, but look at Lee Chapman for example, he was a gamble that paid off big time for us.

Worth a punt.......and as Captain Marvel kindly pointed out on the telly on monday night, if we get it right we'll be worth 300 million in two or three years time.........

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Nah, his dad!

Seriously though, I can't see anything else in this price range that has the potential to be so good for us.

Just by signing him the rest of the league would start feeling a bit nervous........sure, it could be a mistake, but look at Lee Chapman for example, he was a gamble that paid off big time for us.

Worth a punt.......and as Captain Marvel kindly pointed out on the telly on monday night, if we get it right we'll be worth 300 million in two or three years time.........

You believe a player that has played just twenty games outside the bottom division in 7 seasons and is in the last year of his contract is worth £500k?

For that amount of money there would be better options, like McDonald.

Alf has scored goals in unsuccessful teams, maybe if he'd have been someone capable of building partnerships he'd be more sought after

exactly, a football manager eventually will take a gamble on a player they consider good enough.

NOBODY is prepared to do that with ALF as apparently none of them think he is good enough.

Your argument about football finances is flawed, look at all the strikers that have been or will be transferred this Summer.

No, I don't think you understood. Maybe they think he is good enough, but they all want confirmation of this by others putting in bids.

Club X are looking at Le Fondre. But Club Y haven't put a bid in for him, so club X decide not to either. Meanwhile, Club Y are looking at Le Fondre, but Club Z don't put a bid in, so they decide it's too big a risk. Club Z are also looking at Le fondre, but they've heard that Club X were interested, but for some reason pulled out of the deal. Club Z's manager decides to pull out too in case there's something that he hasn't noticed about the potential goal-machine that could mean he'd be an awful signing.

Sounds completely ridiculous. Except that it's exactly what you lot are saying we should do.

Also, hasn't someone just made a bid......

OK so clubs have been linked with him for a couple of seasons now...hmmmm...i'll repeat my question so why has nobody picked him up yet??

Most football clubs are un-workable financially at the moment- therefore there will be very few who can afford to buy Le Fondre anyway, especially at League One level (his next logical step).