Adam le fondre

What a massive load of testicles that post is. I think this, I think that..... Tbh what you think is all your own assumptions based on absolutely zero evidence.

Bang on fella.If he did come and bagged 20+ goals for us he would be a hero a some people would be changing their tune.

Edited by Blue and white

What a massive load of testicles that post is. I think this, I think that..... Tbh what you think is all your own assumptions based on absolutely zero evidence.

He's entitled to his opinion as are you.

But at the end of the day we need a striker who is quick and strong enough to create chances himself as we havent addressed the creativity issue in midfield at all. I think ALF would do alright but for what we would need to pay we would be better getting Heffernan back as I think they are similar.

Guest Sheff Owl

Thank flip there is others who agree!

Please tell me why we would even consider paying what 500K for ALF yet won't bid 400k for O'Grady??

There is a reason nobody has picked up ALF yet...he ain't that good!

Bang on fella.If he did come and bagged 20+ goals for us he would be a hero a some people would be changing their tune.

Thats the IF though isnt it and we'd have to pay a lot to find out the answer to that question.

We'd all be chuffed to bits if he came here and did well, but its obvious that it would be a pricey gamble given the type of striker he is and our lack of creativity.

The evidence, by the way, is that ALF has scored better than once every 2 starts for EVERY club he's ever been at, including- for Rotherham:

86 starts, 6 sub appearances, 50 goals.

Yes that's in League 2, but it's a rumbleing good record. Deadly, in fact.

How people can slate the lad for not scoring at a higher level when he's not had the chance yet is beyond me.

His manager says he is an absolute pleasure to work with.

He's also a different kind of striker to what we already have.

Really? He would become a hero? Because I seem to remember a player that played for us last season that got 20 goals, but he isn't considered a hero, infact, some people still don't want him here.

Fact, ALF will score goals in any league outside the prem.

FACT some fan are messed up and would rather sign someone who manages 9 goals a season instead of someone who scores for fun.

If you're referring to O'Grady then he scored 22 in the same League as ALF. FACT

Edited by Bluesteel

FACT some fan are messed up and would rather sign someone who manages 9 goals a season instead of someone who scores for fun.

How so? I've seen zero evidence to suggest this. He's only played for Stockport, Rocdale and Rotherham to my knowledge, which of these was in the Championship at the time?

And for the zillionth time those 9 COG goals were from someone playing as a winger.

Edited by Anthndav

Guest Sheff Owl

Lloyd Owusu was prolific scored goals for fun in the lower leagues yet came to us and could not hit a barn door.

The only thing he did was score the goal against the pigs.

Guest BoomTownOwls

megson and other football professionals must also be messed up. None of them seem willing to take the gamble on him.

Do you understand what a fact is or are you messed up?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You mean except the evidence he sees with his own eyes from watching us play...

He's entitled to his opinion he might not be right, (I actually think he has a point), but he's entitled to it.

Trotting out what you just have just makes you look like a bigguns wannabe. A joke poster. [No offence Bigguns - You actually raise a smile from me from time to time]

Oh sorry, I didn't realise he'd been watching Le Fondre play for us for the last 5 years and formed the opinion that he couldn't play in a Megson team because of this.

The only solid evidence that anyone can really go on is the man's goalscoring record. I think its pretty good. A lot of you have strangely decided to ignore it and come up with your own speculative reasons why it should be ignored.

Big guns wannabe? I'm not trying to attention seek (unlike yourself- you've waded into this argument with no actual point of your own but a desire to make yourself heard anyway). I reckon I have a reasonable and valid argument that deserves to be heard.

And if im not mistaken ALF scores that in just over half a season at that level.

He gets 20 odd a season. As a whole.

Its too black and white to just look at it that way, you have to take into account their all round game too.

I dont doubt that given the right service ALF would score goals for SWFC. But IMO he would cost a lot and is a similar type of player to Heffernan.

O'Grady on the other hand, should cost less, is more versatile, quicker and stronger. Those are the kind of players who have done better in a SWFC team in recent years, from what I've seen.

Guest BoomTownOwls

If ALF is that good i would like someone to explain why has nobody picked him up yet?

because all the professional scouts and managers know less than Robswfc and Blue and White.