M morrison

Interesting to see what a sad Charlton's bloggers view on it is.... http://drinkingduringthegame.blogspot.com/2011/07/morrison-next-target.html

Monday, 4 July 2011

Morrison next target

Michael that is, not Steve (who has already moved up in the world from the New Den). Michael Morrison is a much needed defender who only moved from Leicester to Sheffield Wednesday in January. At 23 he has close to 200 league appearances having originally broken into Cambridge United's side as 15 year old. He was part of the Leicester side that won promotion from League One as we dropped down. He can play centre-half or right-back but I guess it's as a central stopper that he is being targeted. Based upon our recent track record, his signature looks a mere formality, eh Owl-ites?

Sheffield Wednesday fans have been very vocal on the internet in recent weeks bemoaning their own clubs lack of transfer activity and holding us up as the example of the leading movers and shakers. Somehow, I don't think this move will do anything to help Valley-Hillsborough relations, although with Jose Semedo remaining a Wednesday target, they might get a little comfort if Jose hasn't got a better offer (like staying put).

I HOPE WE STUFF CHARLTON AT HOME AND AWAY AND STOP THEIR SMUGNESS

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Interesting to see what a sad Charlton's bloggers view on it is.... http://drinkingduringthegame.blogspot.com/2011/07/morrison-next-target.html

Monday, 4 July 2011

Morrison next target

Michael that is, not Steve (who has already moved up in the world from the New Den). Michael Morrison is a much needed defender who only moved from Leicester to Sheffield Wednesday in January. At 23 he has close to 200 league appearances having originally broken into Cambridge United's side as 15 year old. He was part of the Leicester side that won promotion from League One as we dropped down. He can play centre-half or right-back but I guess it's as a central stopper that he is being targeted. Based upon our recent track record, his signature looks a mere formality, eh Owl-ites?

Sheffield Wednesday fans have been very vocal on the internet in recent weeks bemoaning their own clubs lack of transfer activity and holding us up as the example of the leading movers and shakers. Somehow, I don't think this move will do anything to help Valley-Hillsborough relations, although with Jose Semedo remaining a Wednesday target, they might get a little comfort if Jose hasn't got a better offer (like staying put).

I HOPE WE STUFF CHARLTON AT HOME AND AWAY AND STOP THEIR SMUGNESS

There was a comedy post on there about who was the bigger club

I really wouldn't be surprised if we end up regretting getting rid of both Morrison and Reynolds (if they actually happen).

Potter, Teale, Heffernan (to a lesser extent), Miller, Hinds...they all had their chances at Hillsborough, and all failed to make an impression. If they go on and do well at other clubs, at least Sheffield Wednesday can say "They had their chance."

With Reynolds and Morrison, that simply isn't a case. The mentality in football is now full of short term-ism, with managers, results, and players. There's absolutely no argument against it, Reynolds and Morrison haven't had a chance at Hillsborough yet. And it doesn't look like they'll get one.

Would it be a surprise to any of us, if Morrison went to Charlton and performed superbly? It certainly wouldn't me. Morrison and Reynolds are genuine assets to a League One side, with the potential (with opportunities) to perform at a higher level.

Agree with this.

The only way we should get rid is if we are offered our money back, otherwise I'd persist with them for now.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

I'd keep Morrison, we have yet to land Danny Batth and Rob Jones suffered a few knocks during his time here, we could regret being a little light defensively UNLESS Buxton is set for a spt at Centre Half

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Win the ball, give it to our pacey wingers and centre for madine to nod home. 1-0 to the Wednesday boys.......

Arsenal circa 1986-1995

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Did alright for them.

Not disagreeing but it must have been bloody awful to watch at times, considering what we witnessed from 1990-93 football wise I couldn't have coped with Grahams style, although sadly it got them success

this was taken from lcfc forum.

Hi LCFC fans,

We (Charlton) look set to snap up your old CB Michael Morrison from Sheff Weds. He only joined them in Jan, and seeing as he helped you guys get promoted out of the poxy league we are now in, I thought Foxes fans would be best placed to comment productively on him. Please bear in mind we are in League 1, so try and think in that context when evaluating him. Being part of a struggling team at Hillsbrough means that he has a bit of the Marmite factor amongst Owls fans.

All thoughts welcome.

Desperate for some good reviews isnt he? lol

To be honest i don't really see the point in going to Austria this year. We only have one game (It is not a tour or tourdament as we have had in the past), and the squad is in the middle of being overhauled. We seem to have got into the frame of mind that we must go abroad each season. Going to be the middle of July now before any new players tie up with the squad

Do we go to Austria tomorrow?

Looks like Lloyd Dyer or anyone else won't sign until after the Austria trip then? FFS another boring 7 days.

Why on earth do you think GM and the team being in Austria will have any impact whatsoever on making signings??

Guest londonowl1

lets just pray we get rid of M.Morrison, reynolds and Sedgewick b4 the start of the season....complete poo

Also whats the point of modest and palmer??? if they are good enough time for them to start and show it. my gut feeling is they will be league 2 players at best. hope i am wrong.