M morrison

Guest foreverSWFC

I would be so annoyed if we let Morrison go.

He hasn't been given a fair crack, the good reviews from Leicester suggest he has got something about him. I just don't want us to let a potentially good defender go, espeically to flamin' Charlton :mad:

Guest JonTheOwl66

tailface talk :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In reality, flip off Charlton. But glad we're in talks to sign Bennett.

How can we be in talks with Forest when his contract has expired? :blink:

Was wondering that myself. According to Fanhouse Percy, he'll get another 12 months at Forest if nobody wants him. Still don't see why we have to talk with them first. Bit strange tbh.

Re: Morrison going to Charlton, I'm very disappointed that he's leaving to go to a club that looks very much like a top 3 side. We would definitely want to be getting the 250k we paid for him. Otherwise, I don't think its worth it.

Re: Morrison going to Charlton, I'm very disappointed that he's leaving to go to a club that looks very much like a top 3 side. We would definitely want to be getting the 250k we paid for him. Otherwise, I don't think its worth it.

Yeah I hope we can somehow recoup the fee. Powell was with him at Leicester too.

I would be so annoyed if we let Morrison go.

He hasn't been given a fair crack, the good reviews from Leicester suggest he has got something about him. I just don't want us to let a potentially good defender go, espeically to flaming Charlton :mad:

If he is going then he hasn't gone yet and if Megson wants to get rid of him then we can't dictate who he will be going to.

Edited by shandypants

After some of the players we got rid of recently I was fearing that some of the January transfer signings that Irvine signed (or so we believe) would be transferred elsewhere. Fearing this because Morrison and Reynolds aren't bad players but just haven't had the best of the times so far. Morrison has barely played and I thought he looked good in parts (Reynolds less so, mind, only a second half against Peterborough matching Mackail-Smith after the damage was done).

Saying that, I think that while he would be good cover at CB, though if we get Batth back, then I can see why he would be fifth choice out of Jones, Batth, Beevers, R. Johnson and Morrison. Also, we can't afford a flabby squad with more than 2 people for every position, paying people to be needless cover and who probably won't play.

The most frustrating thing for me though is that we haven't had much money at all to spend on transfer fees for the past few years so when the players signed for fees in that window are now deemed surplus to requirements, it angers me. Strikes me as money we could have spent now on buying better players in line with Megson's vision instead of the players Irvine signed to stop the freefall we entered last season shortly before we got shut of him (which we all knew was going to happen anyway).

We can only judge on what we have seen in a Wednesday shirt not what he supposedly was like at Leicester. Some of his performances were rock bottom to say the least and he worried me every time the ball went near him. Not unlike Reynolds he has time to prove himself not just in the first team but also on the training ground. The manager sees a lot more than what we do so if the decision to release him has already been made then we can take it is a good one.