Guest Briscoe Inferno

Let's have an Owlstalk whip round, a bit of rust remover, a lick of paint, hire of Simon Snorkel and a few flags, its sure to terrify opponents!

Hammerite Direct to Rust gloss white will save time and cost....

The poles should be protected as they are contemporary with architectural quality of the cantilever constructed ready for England winning their only World Cup....

Its sporting heritage not only for Sheffield but the nation as a whole.

Up the poles...

Hammerite Direct to Rust gloss white will save time and cost....

The poles should be protected as they are contemporary with architectural quality of the cantilever constructed ready for England winning their only World Cup....

Its sporting heritage not only for Sheffield but the nation as a whole.

Up the poles...

:biggrin:

Which part of 'holes big enough to put your fist in' do you not understand!?

The poles are hollow, there is no material on which to put any rust remover - there are white parts, rust parts and nothing parts!

Uproot 'em and put them in as the back four.

More mobile and a defensive unit guaranteed to maintin a line. :rolleyes:

Less rusty and the holes are smaller. :cool:

Can you say anything positive/constructive?

Work will start within the next few week to remove the famous wednesday flag poles on tailtone road, wednesday have failed to acquire the necessary health and safety certificate required for the poles which were erected for the 1966 world cup,i heard about this today from the people set to carry out the work,just thought I would share it with you :biggrin:

560946_65164920.jpg#id-262885

Ten minute assessment by a Chartered Civil Engineer would clarify whether they are structurally sound and suitable to take the additional wind loadings etc from the flags. By precedence that these have been in place for so long, provided they have not undergone significant degradation then getting them passed as safe to use should be a simple undertaking. Like the rest of the stadium, they are in need of some TLC!

The poles are in a bad way to be honest and need taking down. It is sad and I would love it if we were able to replace them and adorn them with flags. I would have no idea how much it would cost to replace them but start with a few and add to them. I for 1 would contribute to such a fund. Penistone Rd wouldn't be the same without them.

This is a shame. They are part of the architectural heritage of the world cup and could actually still be used for marketing purposes. A row of flags/banners like go up around town for Doc/Fest but with the Wednesday crest and colours on could look really good.

FFS all because of the cost of a bit of rust remover and a tin of B&Q gloss paint ,I ask yer what is this country coming to

I agree - less than a couple of grand's worth of work, including a structural assessment. Certainly less than the cost of removal and repair to the wearing surface of the footwalk. Street force are a completely backwards organisation - you only have to look at the state of our roads for which they are responsible for. I can honestly say I have seen Afghans and Kenyans with a better grasp of highway works technology. The council would be better using the romany types who black-top old people's front garden if they wanted to improve the quality of works!

I agree - less than a couple of grand's worth of work, including a structural assessment. Certainly less than the cost of removal and repair to the wearing surface of the footwalk. Street force are a completely backwards organisation - you only have to look at the state of our roads for which they are responsible for. I can honestly say I have seen Afghans and Kenyans with a better grasp of highway works technology. The council would be better using the romany types who black-top old people's front garden if they wanted to improve the quality of works!

It gets more like Sheffield Forum every day of the Close Season on here

Now, how can bladesmad seize on this as another example of us being shown favouritism by the council?

'kin obvious

The council are spending public money on taking down flagpoles, that aren't strong enough to support a flag, in order to prevent them falling on the heads of Wednesdayites.

If the flagpoles were in S2 or the city centre, then the poles would have been left to rot: 'Fek 'em they're pigs' would be the official response