It's not the Poles that are the problem, it's the non-fire retardant flags that currently aren't on them.

Should they be erected, and catch alight atop their flagpoles, from a passing ember at 30 feet, and start to smoulder,and if the wind was blowing from the NNW, and if the smoke was inhaled by a Scotsman with a dicky ticker for 35 mins solid, it could make him cough. Not any old cough mind, but a really bad cough.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

It's not the Poles that are the problem, it's the non-fire retardant flags that currently aren't on them.

Should they be erected, and catch alight atop their flagpoles, from a passing ember at 30 feet, and start to smoulder,and if the wind was blowing from the NNW, and if the smoke was inhaled by a Scotsman with a dicky ticker for 35 mins solid, it could make him cough. Not any old cough mind, but a really bad cough.

Your forgetting it may also choke a few sparrows

Guest intercity0wl

Yeah I've often wondered why it is that flagpoles actually look far better with flags on ! I bet, notalotapeopleknowthat. :cool:

That sounds more like a Greek than a pole.

Should they be erected, and catch alight atop their flagpoles, from a passing ember at 30 feet,

I was going to make some cheap comment about Gary Madine here, but I won't...

ph34r.gif

Work will start within the next few week to remove the famous wednesday flag poles on tailtone road, wednesday have failed to acquire the necessary health and safety certificate required for the poles which were erected for the 1966 world cup,i heard about this today from the people set to carry out the work,just thought I would share it with you :biggrin:

560946_65164920.jpg#id-262885

They are Council owned, they are being removed by the Street Force department this Sunday as the council cannot justify the cost of their upkeep.

They are Council owned, they are being removed by the Street Force department this Sunday as the council cannot justify the cost of their upkeep.

FFS all because of the cost of a bit of rust remover and a tin of B&Q gloss paint ,I ask yer what is this country coming to