Billy paynter

Guest owl forever

Or it will mean we end up panic buying let we did on a certain Francis Jefferrs??

The fact we have had almost 0 activity on the transfer front does worry me. Our squad atm is not good enough.

We need 8 in and 8 out.

Out:

Reynolds

Spurr

Potter

Sedgewick

Teale

C Morrison

M Morrison

Coke

how can you possibly know what activity is going on ?.........i'm sure megson/milan knows which players they want and are working hard on trying to recruit them .as for panic buys i think megsons a bit to long in the tooth to do that

So, a striker who scored 29 goals the last time he was in this division.

Chased by losing play off finalists Huddersfield, and a team just relegated from the Championship.

Is not good enough for us, a team that finished 15th last year?

Think some of you on here need to get a grip on where we are.

It would be a fair signing, he puts himself about and 29 goals is hardly poor. We could do better sure, but I think we need to bring in at least two, one with a bit of pace.

Admittedly 29 goals is impressive, but I only saw him the once, and he did nothing like put himself about. I don't know how he got his goals, but Leeds fans can't wait to get rid, they claim he is lazy, which is what I saw in the play-off final.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Admittedly 29 goals is impressive, but I only saw him the once, and he did nothing like put himself about. I don't know how he got his goals, but Leeds fans can't wait to get rid, they claim he is lazy, which is what I saw in the play-off final.

And where are Leeds right now? Chasing promotion into the Premier league? Compared with us, suffering a miserable season in league one. If a man who scored 29 goals the last time he played in this division isn't good enough then I don't know what is.

Why would he want to join the pigs over us?

Proven league one striker. Sign him up if possible Mr Megson, and quick coz I'm fcuking bored of June.

Heffernan was a proven league 1 striker. However i'd be quite happy with him, suits Megsons style of play too.

Believe it or not Leeds fans used to say the same about Beckford.

I can cope all day with "lazy" strikers if they do what they are there for and score goals.

Strikers always have good and bad patches and injuries so we need a pool of at least four who can get 10-20 goals each.

FG is right on this one ^^^^^^^^

Some need to get real and the first and main job this year is to get out of this league whatever it takes.

And where are Leeds right now? Chasing promotion into the Premier league? Compared with us, suffering a miserable season in league one. If a man who scored 29 goals the last time he played in this division isn't good enough then I don't know what is.

If you're trying to claim that Paynter is the reason Leeds challenged for promotion last season, then you really need to check your facts. Paynter played 9 games last season scoring 1 goal, he also made 14 substitute appearances. I work with 2 Leeds supporters who say he is awful and lazy.

I wouldn't be impressed with this signing.

Believe it or not Leeds fans used to say the same about Beckford.

I can cope all day with "lazy" strikers if they do what they are there for and score goals.

Strikers always have good and bad patches and injuries so we need a pool of at least four who can get 10-20 goals each.

FG is right on this one ^^^^^^^^

Some need to get real and the first and main job this year is to get out of this league whatever it takes.

Is that before or after they got relegated to league 1? The 2 Leeds supporters who I work with never rated Beckford in the championship, they said he was lazy and just not good enough, in fact half the time he couldn't get into the team, but when they got relegated to league 1, both of them said he was a different player, and they were both sorry to see him go.

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

If you're trying to claim that Paynter is the reason Leeds challenged for promotion last season, then you really need to check your facts. Paynter played 9 games last season scoring 1 goal, he also made 14 substitute appearances. I work with 2 Leeds supporters who say he is awful and lazy.

I wouldn't be impressed with this signing.

No I'm not saying he was the reason for this. I know he played a relatively small and unsuccessful part in Leeds campaign last year but what I'm saying is what might not be good for them as a team challenging in the top half of the championship might not necessarily be bad for us.

Is that before or after they got relegated to league 1? The 2 Leeds supporters who I work with never rated Beckford in the championship, they said he was lazy and just not good enough, in fact half the time he couldn't get into the team, but when they got relegated to league 1, both of them said he was a different player, and they were both sorry to see him go.

Doesn't that contradict the point you are making then?

They complained about him in League 1.

They said he only did it against poo poo teams and his petulance got him in trouble too often when he got frustrated against better opposition.

They were sorry to see him go for his goals but not for his attitude.

He might well have scored 29 goals the season before last in League 1 but I don't think there's much chance of him scoring 20 never mind nearly 30 with the service he'll get from our midfield. That's where our problem lies and until this is sorted we'll do bugger all.

Doesn't that contradict the point you are making then?

If we sign Paynter then I will celebrate his goals same as anyone else, and if he leads us to promotion he will have been a great signing. I'd just like to know what people who want Paynter are judging him on. He had one great season for goals with Swindon, 29 is impressive, but his previous best total was 14. Everyone seems to be basing their judgement on one season. He's hardley the goalscorer everyone seems to think he is.

Also for all the people dying to sign him, has anyone actually seem him play, because what I saw in the play-off final was a poor man's Leon Clarke, although I might be doing Clarke a mis-service because Clarke has a much better first touch than Paynter, they do have similarities in their work rate though.

Like I said, if he gets us to promotion I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong, but if the options are Paynter or Scotland, then I'm firmly in the Scotland camp.

They complained about him in League 1.

They said he only did it against poo poo teams and his petulance got him in trouble too often when he got frustrated against better opposition.

They were sorry to see him go for his goals but not for his attitude.

You're right, his attitude sucks, but he's miles better than Paynter. Let us sign some decent strikers, leave the Paynters of this world to the blunts.

If we sign Paynter then I will celebrate his goals same as anyone else, and if he leads us to promotion he will have been a great signing. I'd just like to know what people who want Paynter are judging him on. He had one great season for goals with Swindon, 29 is impressive, but his previous best total was 14. Everyone seems to be basing their judgement on one season. He's hardley the goalscorer everyone seems to think he is.

Also for all the people dying to sign him, has anyone actually seem him play, because what I saw in the play-off final was a poor man's Leon Clarke, although I might be doing Clarke a mis-service because Clarke has a much better first touch than Paynter, they do have similarities in their work rate though.

Like I said, if he gets us to promotion I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong, but if the options are Paynter or Scotland, then I'm firmly in the Scotland camp.

Yeah I'm judging my opinion on 29 goals in a full season in this division.

Your opinion is based on 1 play off final game, and your Leeds mates. Your Leeds mates who thought Beckford was lazy in the Championship but loved him and his goals in League 1, where we are, and where Paynter last excelled.

Anywhere in between would do me.

Easily as good as anything we currently have and we need four of them to go up.

Yeah I'm judging my opinion on 29 goals in a full season in this division.

Your opinion is based on 1 play off final game, and your Leeds mates. Your Leeds mates who thought Beckford was lazy in the Championship but loved him and his goals in League 1, where we are, and where Paynter last excelled.

Paynter's career stats.

Career statistics

That didn't come out the way I intended.

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU