Jose Semedo

Guest Sheff Owl

This player is no better than Miller,the squad badly needs pace or another season will be lost.

I beg to differ, this guy is the ball winning midfield player that we have been crying out for since Carlton Palmer. Tommy Miller has completely different attributes.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

This player is no better than Miller,the squad badly needs pace or another season will be lost.

I hope we get Semedo but I agree we urgently need pace in the team, we lack it so much and it's been glaringly obvious for a long time.

Spoke to a Charlton fan who said he is similar to Osborne in that he is big, black and a ball winning midfielder- nothing that skilful about him but obviously you're not looking for that much from a defensive mid

Charlton Fans Views

He destned for us or Palace apparently. Mixed reviews of his ability but he won player of th year so if ts true tink it will be a coup. Bristol city also want him apparently.

In that thread a poster say's Semedo brother and sister live and work in Sheffield.

"have you forgotten earlier in the thread that both his sister and brother live and work in Sheffield. Even if we offered slightly more in wages that would still be a big draw to him."

Edited by tuttuttut

"With our blessing? I don't think so.This is the player who loves Charlton,wants to spend the rest of his career with us,and was apparently ready to sign whatever we offered him!If he leaves can't wait for his Valley return"

Sounds interesting :ph34r:

Jones and Prutton are very average signings.

Jones is commanding and almost unbeatable in the air. If paired with a quick mobile defender, so that we do not keep getting caught by pace as when playing Peterborough last season, then he is one half of a very solid league 1 central defence.

Guest Sniper1

Not sure what you are getting at?

Tommy Miller was getting paid too much and wasn't playing enough.

Semedo Is a different player to Miller completely, he's a very good defensive midfielder and have a look at his appearences throughout his career so far.

So what has losing Miller and possibly signing Semedo got to do with pace?

We haven't had a Central Midfield for the last 3 seasons, surely this is more important than just having pace in the side.

Pace alone does not win you football matches or Jamaica would be World Champions.

I agree we could do with a quick Striker.

We also have JJ, Coke, Teale and Jones who are very quick, yet even with these 4 we still finished below mid table.

I think some people are confusing pace for quality.

Not sure what you are getting at?

Tommy Miller was getting paid too much and wasn't playing enough.

Semedo Is a different player to Miller completely, he's a very good defensive midfielder and have a look at his appearences throughout his career so far.

So what has losing Miller and possibly signing Semedo got to do with pace?

We haven't had a Central Midfield for the last 3 seasons, surely this is more important than just having pace in the side.

Pace alone does not win you football matches or Jamaica would be World Champions.

I agree we could do with a quick Striker.

We also have JJ, Coke, Teale and Jones who are very quick, yet even with these 4 we still finished below mid table.

I think some people are confusing pace for quality.

Totally agree. What we would like is pace and quality. But that would cost an arm and a leg. :happy:

"With our blessing? I don't think so.This is the player who loves Charlton,wants to spend the rest of his career with us,and was apparently ready to sign whatever we offered him!If he leaves can't wait for his Valley return"

Sounds interesting :ph34r:

i think it might be sarcastic, in reference to this My link

that was in April :biggrin:

thats the modern footballer i guess, says what the fans wanna hear

I remember who this Semedo guy is now. He was the best player on the park when we played Charlton at home. He was constantly breaking play up for Charlton and then playing a nice litte pass. I sit next to Dronnyowl, and he probably won't remember this, but I said to him at the time, Charlton's number 6 was the best player on the park and he agreed. I'd be really excited if we pulled this one off.

You're always saying stuff to me....I actually do remember him. And IMO he would be a good signing for us.

Guest BoomTownOwls

I don't think Waddle, Harkes, Wilson, Worthington, Palmer and Sheridan had much pace between them but they had quality. Admittedly Palmer was one heck of an athlete.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I'm actually getting excited, Semedo alongside Prutton.

I'd play a 4-2-3-1 formation.

--------------------- Weaver ----------------------

---- Semi ------ Jones -- Baath --- Buxton ---

---------------- Semedo -- Prutton --------------

------------ Green -- New player -- JJ ---------

--------------------- Mellor -----------------------

Scarily good team for League 1. It's actually realistic too. :biggrin: Can't wait for this season.

Edited by JonTheOwl66

Guest JonTheOwl66

No Madine??

Id play a 4-2-3-1 system also.

Weaver

Semi R Jones Batth New LB

Prutton. Semedo

Green. New AM. JJ

Madine/Mellor

Basically same team :biggrin:

I do like Madine, but he's not mature enough yet to play that sort of role in my opinion.

We know what were getting with Mellor: goals. And with that extra bit of goal-scoring spark from that new midfielder behind him we could have a terrific attack next year.