OFFICIAL - Prutton and Jones sign

Guest gingerowl1

Guest OwlertonG

I'm hoping that Prutton is the big, 'orrible, bite yer legs b4stard for our midfield

here here

There seems to be an obsession with big wholehearted players who always put a shift in Sure we need a few like that but what about pace and skill? Other sides had that in abundance, not just the top sides, but most of the mid table sides as well Remember Orient tearing us to pieces with their quick intelligent forwards So many teams with players like that ran rings around us, even at Hillsborough

We were rarely out muscled but in terms of skill, pace and flair, we were well behind most of the others

Guest Big Guns

Try it fat boy

you definitely need to do something other than slag people because you come across as very insecure.

Do you actually watch football by the way?

My window cleaner knocked on my door the other day effing and blinding. I thought, flip me he's lost his rag!

Edited by Big Guns

Two good signings. We need that strength and experience down the spine of the team if we are to be successful.

If we bring back Barth and Mellor we will have added one new player, Prutton, to the squad that struggled in this division last year The remaining 5 need to be world beaters to turn us into promotion favourites

But they were key members of the team that was much improved during the last two months of the season and played a big part in turning it round. You can't say they were part of the team that struggled before that. Although I didn't expect any less from you. If they don't have pace you don't want to know.

Yeah they were part of the team that showed some improvement but in general struggled and finished lower mid table They were not part of the side that was top four early season nor were they part of the really poo poo side that.performed from Dec to March They were part of a very average side that struggled in the First Division

You are right though, I do like players with pace, and players with skill and flair In fact I'm fed up with seeing us out footballed by the likes of Exeter, Rochdale and Leyton Orient Surely there's nothing wrong with that

Yeah they were part of the team that showed some improvement but in general struggled and finished lower mid table They were not part of the side that was top four early season nor were they part of the really poo poo side that.performed from Dec to March They were part of a very average side that struggled in the First Division

You are right though, I do like players with pace, and players with skill and flair In fact I'm fed up with seeing us out footballed by the likes of Exeter, Rochdale and Leyton Orient Surely there's nothing wrong with that

Megson has said we need more energy across the team. For me we are lacking three things:

a) decent team spirit/togethernes in the dressing room/players who's heads dont go down

b) a spine to the team which has been missing for 2 years and got worse when Purse left (prior to Jones) when were losing no one takes responsibility

c) more creativity and pace in key areas so that if we do go a goal down it doesnt mean that the only option is "give it to JJ and hope for the best" or if JJ isnt playing hoof it into the box.

Jones and Prutton tick the first two, were hopefully getting 5-7 other players in too who should across the board tick all three. I wouldnt want us to just go for grafters but just going for flair alone is also a bad idea.

^^^^ They came in to do the job required at the time - steady the ship and help us over the finish line. They proved to be great signings, unlike Irvine's crock of $hit brought in to do a job and failed miserably.

This to me is proof enough for the time being that I can trust Megson to make the right moves in the transfer market.

Some put it well yesterday, I think it might have been "Bluesteel" that these could well be the "dirtier" signings, the ones to add to the spine and bring character, voices in the dressing room and determination to the the squad. Then hopefully they will be followed by some with that creativity side to their game.

And that would suit me fine Of course I understand that the side needs players who are committed to the cause and we certainly lacked someone with leadership qualities If we can now add the remaining elements, perhaps the harder part, then we'll be fine Don't want to see us set up like some First Division Bolton though, with our resources in this league, we should be more like Man Utd

It's inevitable that the " grafters " are gonna be the first in, cos without sounding disrespectful to them, they're not in such high demand. The creative, flair, pacey players will have other options to think about, so we have to sell our potential and ambition to them as well as avoid a bidding war with their agents.

Im obviously going to give Prutton a chance but I really dont understand the signing. If we hadn't offered o'connor a new contract then yes it makes sense, but having two of the same players near enough doesnt make sense.

Squad?

Options?

Megsons made it clear in the comments yesterday he thinks Prutton would not only add to the squad on the pitch... but he offers alot to the squad off it.

Shipping out the shrinking violets is going to be part of his plan, he needs people to step up.

Guest contango

Work with both a Forest and a Leeds season ticket holder, they both said exactly the same thing, Prutton is a totally committed player who will win alot of the ball and add Steel in midfield, he can play a bit too, he was pivotal to the Leeds team before McCallister took over who wanted to play tip tappy football. Sounds to me he is exactly what we need after seeing Potter and to a lesser extent JOC totally fail in dominating midfield, he isnt past it (29) and correctly motivated will do a great job for us.

We all know Jones, totally solid and no nonsense Centre Back, in this division most goals are conceded from defensive errors ie people fannying about with the ball in your own box.

Happy that this is a solid start of a team re-build for League One

Megson has said we need more energy across the team. For me we are lacking three things:

a) decent team spirit/togethernes in the dressing room/players who's heads dont go down

b) a spine to the team which has been missing for 2 years and got worse when Purse left (prior to Jones) when were losing no one takes responsibility

c) more creativity and pace in key areas so that if we do go a goal down it doesnt mean that the only option is "give it to JJ and hope for the best" or if JJ isnt playing hoof it into the box.

Jones and Prutton tick the first two, were hopefully getting 5-7 other players in too who should across the board tick all three. I wouldnt want us to just go for grafters but just going for flair alone is also a bad idea.

Spot on.

How about 4 3 3 with Prutton, Osbourne and Koumas as a central three Two wide attackers JJ and Tyson right and left either side of one central striker Madine or Mellor

Jeez this management larks a piece of wee wee