OFFICIAL - Prutton and Jones sign

Guest gingerowl1

Guest gingerowl1

Sheffield Wednesday have secured their first two signings of the summer with swoops for defender Rob Jones and midfielder David Prutton.

The vastly experienced duo have agreed two-year deals and join the Owls on free transfers from Sflaphorpe United and Swindon Town respectively.

Jones spent the latter part of the 2010-11 season on loan at Hillsborough and soon proved himself a crowd favourite with a string of dominant displays at the heart of the Owls' rearguard.

He made eight appearances for Wednesday last term, before which the 31-year-old posted 262 appearances for Sflaphorpe, Hibernian, Grimsby Town, Macclesfield Town and Stockport County.

Prutton joined Swindon in the summer of 2010 and made 46 appearances for the Robins. Prior to his stint in the West Country, the central midfielder represented Colchester United, Leeds United, Nottingham Forest and Southampton, who paid £2.5m for his services.

The 29-year-old has made a total of 405 appearances through his career so far.

Owls boss gary megson said: "Our supporters are well aware of the qualities of Rob Jones and I'm really pleased that we've been able to secure him on a permanent contract.

"I've admired David Prutton for a long time and first and foremost he has character and he will put demands on everybody else."

Guest foreverSWFC

Prutton really? I have a mate who is a Swindon fan who thinks he is cack, apparently showed no fight towards the end of the season.

Hopefully Megson knows what he is doing.

Prutton really? I have a mate who is a Swindon fan who thinks he is cack, apparently showed no fight towards the end of the season.

Hopefully Megson knows what he is doing.

Going from the play offs to relegation in 12 months suggests he wasnt the only one who was "cack" or "showing no fight"

Will add a much-needed voice and leadership skills to the team that was significantly lacking. Speaks volumes of Di Canio to allow such a key member of his squad move to a club who he was treated so badly by. Jones will without doubt be my selection for Club Captain and the astute signings of these will surely be beneficial to the youngsters present in the squad (Coke, Palmer, Beevers, Johnson, Reynolds, Morrison etc.) Nice work Milan, Paul and Gary. Keep it up!

Guest foreverSWFC

Going from the play offs to relegation in 12 months suggests he wasnt the only one who was "cack" or "showing no fight"

I agree, but i just think he is no better if not worse than Miller, plus they'd be on about the same wages.

Hmmm...

Prutton, Coke, O'Connor, Palmer... seams to me we are still lacking in CM department.

Kevin McDonald on free wouldn't be a bad piece of business, and since we are sniffing around Swindon players, let's make Matt Ritchie the next signing.

Rob Jones Career record

Gateshead

Apps 71

Goals 13

Stockport County

Apps 19

Goals 2

Macclesfield Town

Apps 1

Goals 0

Grimsby Town

Apps 68

Goals 5

Hibernian

Apps 118

Goals 12

Sflaphorpe United

Apps 48

Goals 2

Sheffield Wednesday

Apps 8

Goals 1

Welcome back To Hillsborough and good luck Rob Jones.

Edited by aeroswfc

Will add a much-needed voice and leadership skills to the team that was significantly lacking. Speaks volumes of Di Canio to allow such a key member of his squad move to a club who he was treated so badly by. Jones will without doubt be my selection for Club Captain and the astute signings of these will surely be beneficial to the youngsters present in the squad (Coke, Palmer, Beevers, Johnson,

Reynolds, Morrison etc.) Nice work Milan, Paul and Gary. Keep it up!

If all of them stay at Wednesday