OFFICIAL - Prutton and Jones sign

Guest gingerowl1

I would love it if Mandarić digs into his pocket and fund signing of player with potential to become cult hero here.

In my opinion Manchester United's Northern Ireland international Oliver Norwood would fit the bill excellently.

Creative midfielder who has excellent range of passing and is a set-piece expert. His long shooting ability is bound to get us few goals out of nothing if we get him as well.

Remember that Megson likes these type of players, as he was the one who brought Jason Koumas to WBA, and Mark Davis to Bolton.

If we can't afford such a classy signing I would be happy with Kevin McDonald on free, as I believe that Megson would be able to get him back to his best. And this guy would fit the bill of bringing bit of steel as well as quality to S6, as he is too over 6 foot tall.

Guest S6craigo

I'm pretty pleased with these 2 signings, a good start Megson!

Dont worry about Prutton's hair, this is what will happen when Megson gets hold of him!

post-20241-088737200 1306261139_thumb.jp

I would love it if Mandarić digs into his pocket and fund signing of player with potential to become cult hero here.

In my opinion Manchester United's Northern Ireland international Oliver Norwood would fit the bill excellently.

Creative midfielder who has excellent range of passing and is a set-piece expert. His long shooting ability is bound to get us few goals out of nothing if we get him as well.

Remember that Megson likes these type of players, as he was the one who brought Jason Koumas to WBA, and Mark Davis to Bolton.

If we can't afford such a classy signing I would be happy with Kevin McDonald on free, as I believe that Megson would be able to get him back to his best. And this guy would fit the bill of bringing bit of steel as well as quality to S6, as he is too over 6 foot tall.

Just wondering how you know so much about youth players? I know it's not hard to know some Man U youngsters but you always seem to come up with some players from Academies. Always wondered this.

Just wondering how you know so much about youth players? I know it's not hard to know some Man U youngsters but you always seem to come up with some players from Academies. Always wondered this.

He plays football manager a lot.

Average players, in the lower leagues for a reason and very unlikely to acheive any kind of re-sale value.

That said, Megson can only be judged after getting his own players in, over a season.

We shall see.

Horses for courses maybe?

Jack Charlton did something similar?

Maybe a glut of ex Premier/Championship players nearing the end of their careers is not necessarily good for this division and neither is more than one or two young unproven players?

Really not hard at this time and age when you have internet, cable providers offering Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool TV alongside dozen other programs that regularly show national under age sides all over from U-16's to U-21's and more.

Btw. Norwood is on the bench for Northern Ireland today, so you will probably have a chance to take a peak of how he plays.

Edited by malek

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Great news about Rob Jones.

Pleased with the signing of Prutton and pleased that we are building a side with strong characters who will respond to Megsons and the crowds demands for spirit and fight.

Signing of Rob Jones was a no brainer really - good steady signing.

Prutton didn't impress me when Swindon visited Hillsborough but he has undoubtedly exhibited quality in the past. Hopefully GM can get in his head and get the best out of him.

That's the key word, start, let's hope the remaining signing are a bit more inspirational Another 7 of that ilk and we won't be mounting any promotion campaign Obviously we need commitment and we'll get that from these 2 but what we really lacked, was pace and skill, something we fell short of compared to most of the teams in the top half of the table

you mean 'big' signings like teale and c.mmorrison then eh? lol

Ive got a feeling you are going to be very disapointed this summer, who exactly are you expecting us to lure to League One?

Brighton walked away with the League having players who wanted to work hard for a living, not inspirational signings.

I thought last season would have woke a few up but im wrong we are still deluded.

We dont necessarily need to recruit from above to add pace and skill to our team though. I see these signings as a base, creating a spine so to speak but far too often against top six sides we really lacked that spark to make things happen. Even sides such as Bournemouth seemed to have much more flair about them, if we have scouts out and about now I'd like to think we could get a couple of players with a bit of creative ability in too.

Guest scott_andrew_william

Absolutely. Poor examples though; Bothroyd has been in the England squad this year, and probably deserves his chance in the Premier league, whilst Upson has had more injuries than Evil Knieval and on £80k per week, which West Ham can't afford.

I just hope the Jones signing doesn't mean we won't be getting Baath. A far better player in my opinion.

Not being funny or anything, but I don't think we will have any probs with wages, where as other clubs are making cut backs. There's way more than one reason why someone leaves a club. Maybe he doesn't want to play in league 2? Maybe he didn't like swindon because of the poo poo management? Maybe he was told to leave because they couldn't afford to keep him? Plus Baaath won't be on massive wages anyway. We don't have any players on big wages anymore.

I'm sure Megson gave Milan a list of nine players he wanted so why would the signing if Jones impact on signing other players? And as for a "far" better player, you exaggerating, Jones and Baath are good at different things.

well looking at those signings we are now basically hoping someone has the stupidity to take players off us we have 20 centre halfs when fit and 5 central midfielders and have'nt really improved we really do need to add some real quality.Jones will be first choice Prutton will be ahead of Potter and Coke so one of those HAS to go.If there is only 4-5 more to come I would be seriously worried with Jones signing Baath is a must somehow Mellor also has to come in then a central midfielder winger and fullback are needed to come in and play week in week out to put us in some sort of position of strength even then we would still need another striker and possibly a winger.I would expect another announcement in the coming days as the club said 3 signings were very close.

As were in a fortunate position to have Milan absorbing any losses on the wage budget we are probably able to forge ahead and sign a new bunch of players. Those who are not wanted will get the message and be more active in looking for a move I would imagine.

BTW, when did the club say there was another one close? Any ideas?

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest sovietowl

Jonesy a good signing, he gave us a presence at the back when he played and always kept it simple, another monster in the back 4 and we should be solid. don't know much about prutton but we have been desparate for a mid-field general for years, Love O'Connor, never gonna be a ginger george best but he grafts his heart out for the shirt and i'd put him on the team sheet every match, i'd like to see Mellor given a contract he is first rate when we get the ball to him early, problem is we need someone who can play off him and think, sorry but for my money Morrison is not up to it, JJ can put a shift in when he feels like it, Heffernan is not up to the job. now who knows of a decent winger or two? WTID

post-13107-017829000 1306266162_thumb.jp

Edited by sovietowl

Im obviously going to give Prutton a chance but I really dont understand the signing. If we hadn't offered o'connor a new contract then yes it makes sense, but having two of the same players near enough doesnt make sense.

Prutton in his prime was on another planet to JOC and in my opinion he is still nothing like him in terms of playing style. If Megson can get this guy playing then we could have a gem of a player on our hands - I think he's worth the risk with no transfer fee involved.

Im obviously going to give Prutton a chance but I really dont understand the signing. If we hadn't offered o'connor a new contract then yes it makes sense, but having two of the same players near enough doesnt make sense.

Total opposite view here! I'm quite excited about the Prutton signing and was hoping we'd get him last summer. I remember liking him when he was at Forest and he was rated as "the next big thing" as a youngster. Similar era to Jenas and Dawson if i remember right. He's not gone on to fulfill that potential but I still think he's a class act, definitely at League 1.

I remember him as quite a cultured player, decent range of passing - which is definitely not JOC! Not scared to put a foot in either and can have a bot of a nasty streak which I like in a player.