OFFICIAL - Prutton and Jones sign

Guest gingerowl1

If we bring back Barth and Mellor we will have added one new player, Prutton, to the squad that struggled in this division last year The remaining 5 need to be world beaters to turn us into promotion favourites

Hopefully be a good signing.

We need harder players than we've had in recent years.

Sick of seeing Wednesday getting bullied so he might add a bit of much needed steel.

A few more good signings and a few more of our current sh!te players shown the door and we'll be sorted.

Average players, in the lower leagues for a reason and very unlikely to acheive any kind of re-sale value.

That said, Megson can only be judged after getting his own players in, over a season.

We shall see.

He likes Led Zep, AC/DC & The Rolling Stones. Top man. Although he does look a *** with his long hair, but i'll live with it.

Solid signing.

Happy with Jones too, was very solid for us last season. Hopefully we'll manage to get Batth on loan and then them two can keep going their ever improving partnership. Looked really solid together.

Good work Megson, Mandaric and Aldridge.

Guest Saturday Owl

Average players, in the lower leagues for a reason and very unlikely to acheive any kind of re-sale value.

That said, Megson can only be judged after getting his own players in, over a season.

We shall see.

FFS, hate comments like this. Prutton is better than our midfield duo of Potter and O'Connor on his own.

Why should we look at a re sale value on these kind of players anyway? They came on frees so I'm sure it wont fuss Mandaric.

FFS, hate comments like this. Prutton is better than our midfield duo of Potter and O'Connor on his own.

Why should we look at a re sale value on these kind of players anyway? They came on frees so I'm sure it wont fuss Mandaric.

If our scouting system is focused on improving on our current central midfield, we need to re-assess and raise it's objectives. Prutton is steady, whilst Jones in my opinion is on a par with Purse. We've signed worse players over the years, but my understanding was that we were going to raise the bar this pre-season with our recruitment. Initially I'm very underwhelmed, but more than happy to see where we are in August.

Wages?

Possibly, but also not good enough more than likely. Teams tend to try and keep their better players, and a quick look around the opposition messageboards indicates these 2 wern't in this bracket.

If our scouting system is focused on improving on our current central midfield, we need to re-assess and raise it's objectives. Prutton is steady, whilst Jones in my opinion is on a par with Purse. We've signed worse players over the years, but my understanding was that we were going to raise the bar this pre-season with our recruitment. Initially I'm very underwhelmed, but more than happy to see where we are in August.

I stopped reading after Jones is on par with Purse, you obviously have no idea what you're on about.

We shall see.

Either your a down right downy or your fishing, hoping for the latter...

I stopped reading after Jones is on par with Purse, you obviously have no idea what you're on about.

Purse is now holding his own in the Championship, and FWIW I don't rate him either. That said, he got hounded out and performed no worse that many others over the season, Reda Johnson being candidate number 1.

If we bring back Barth and Mellor we will have added one new player, Prutton, to the squad that struggled in this division last year The remaining 5 need to be world beaters to turn us into promotion favourites

If we bring back "Barth" and Mellor, we will have made 4 very good signings.

I'm happy to wait til August but as I said, if we bring back Jones, Barth and Mellor, who all formed what was a pretty poor First Div side last year and have added a player who was from a side even worse, it's not a great start in turning us into promotion contenders

ok low key signings , but possibly can do the job they were bought in for, so before we diss there appointments lets just wait for whoever comes in next shall we ,7 more were mention'd who's to say at least some will be above expectations ,let Megson build his squad then doubt his ability as a manager ,i for one reckon we will do better than some think next season

ok low key signings , but possibly can do the job they were bought in for, so before we diss there appointments lets just wait for whoever comes in next shall we ,7 more were mention'd who's to say at least some will be above expectations ,let Megson build his squad then doubt his ability as a manager ,i for one reckon we will do better than some think next season

No, we have to judge them now!!!! THEY'RE BOTH poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

They've been given free transfers by Sflaphorpe and Swindon.

There might well be very good reasons for that.

Just because someone doesn't sign a new deal with a club doesn't make them a bad player. Why do so many people seem to think this? Jay Bothroyd has just been released by Cardiff and Matthew Upson has been released by West Ham. I suppose they are bad players as well?

Just because someone doesn't sign a new deal with a club doesn't make them a bad player. Why do so many people seem to think this? Jay Bothroyd has just been released by Cardiff and Matthew Upson has been released by West Ham. I suppose they are bad players as well?

Well said !