OFFICIAL - Prutton and Jones sign

Guest gingerowl1

Just because someone doesn't sign a new deal with a club doesn't make them a bad player. Why do so many people seem to think this? Jay Bothroyd has just been released by Cardiff and Matthew Upson has been released by West Ham. I suppose they are bad players as well?

Absolutely. Poor examples though; Bothroyd has been in the England squad this year, and probably deserves his chance in the Premier league, whilst Upson has had more injuries than Evil Knieval and on £80k per week, which West Ham can't afford.

I just hope the Jones signing doesn't mean we won't be getting Baath. A far better player in my opinion.

jones we all know about, lets give prutton the chance to kick a football for us before we give the verdict of being vvank.

We needed a leader in the centre of defence and someone who can run the centre of midfield. This is all about strengthening the spine of the team and Megson obviously believes these people can do a job. I'll trust his judgement on this, but FWIW I only saw Jones in the final game against Exeter and until he went off c. 70 mins we looked solid at the back. After hat it all went boobies up, so basically I am happy.

Also Prutton has a real reputation as a joker in the dressing room and we need someone in that department to lift team spirits which apparently were really poor last term. Even if he doesn't end up being that great a player on the field, he could be a very worthwhile signing for the impact he has in the dressing room, the sort of influence we've lacked since JP and Lee Bullen left.

I understand both these signings.

We've tried previous routes which haven't worked yet this seems to be about strengthening the spine of the team to get results.

Jones did a great job when he came in and really helped bring the team along. His injury record is suspect however with the right squad we should be ok to cover that. As long as he can complete the majority of the season he'll be a good signing. He's steady and has played his best football at this level.

Prutton on the other hand was an influential player for Leeds when in league one. He has a bit about him. I rumbleing hate his hair but i can get past that. Its a solid signing. Maybe not spectacular but I believe he can do good job for us. He was very good for Colchester when he signed for them and has been a victim of an awful season for Swindon on a whole. We can't judge him on the season which has occured as he was part of a side who slumpt big time.

I can't actually believe the guy is still only 29. He's a good solid free transfer signing and one which is a vast improvement on what we currently have. He wont shy out of games put it that way.

Megson on Prutton:

"I've admired David Prutton for a long time and first and foremost he has character and he will put demands on everybody else."

He's a decent player and has the right attitude. Expect many more signings along these lines... we need a team full of players with a bit of character.

Good start to the summer if you ask me, quick out of the blocks too. Well done SWFC

Guest Sniper1

Good, solid start to our strengthening process.

Anyone not sure about Rob Jones needs to start attending games or f'k right off.

Prutton is better than anything we have got, Good on the ball and likes a tackle.

I can't believe some are moaning about Mellor and Batth coming back, Mellor was our stop goalscorer and can score 20 goals in League one and Batth aswell as Jones only played 10 games

so its not like they were responsible for our poor season.

We looked a much better side with Jones and Batth at CB, we lost most of our games by being outplayed in Centre Midfield, this is where Prutton comes in, i fully expect another CM coming in.

Please have a minute before posting if you are messed up

cheers.

Anyone not sure about Rob Jones needs to start attending games or f'k right off.

Prutton is better than anything we have got, Good on the ball and likes a tackle.

I can't believe some are moaning about Mellor and Batth coming back, Mellor was our stop goalscorer and can score 20 goals in League one and Batth aswell as Jones only played 10 games

We looked a much better side with Jones and Batth at CB, we lost most of our games by being outplayed in Centre Midfield, this is where Prutton comes in, i fully expect another CM coming in.

cheers.

that might be the most sensible post i've ever seen you make.

100% spot on.

Guest Big Guns

cheers.

is that what you do b4 you post :blush:

That's the key word, start, let's hope the remaining signing are a bit more inspirational Another 7 of that ilk and we won't be mounting any promotion campaign Obviously we need commitment and we'll get that from these 2 but what we really lacked, was pace and skill, something we fell short of compared to most of the teams in the top half of the table

Prutton.... Leeds and Swindon fans forums summary...

"Hard working, honest, will put in a shift, gets in peoples faces, goes missing at times, lacks the killer pass and creativity...."

Have I not just summaried James O'Connor..... have to say, by offering O'Connor a new deal, then signing a complete player double, I think this is a bad move..... unless we are retracting the offer made to JOC....

We need more than this to get promoted and also get the fans back

Guest Sniper1

is that what you do b4 you post :blush:

Try it fat boy

you definitely need to do something other than slag people because you come across as very insecure.

Do you actually watch football by the way?

Guest Sniper1

That's the key word, start, let's hope the remaining signing are a bit more inspirational Another 7 of that ilk and we won't be mounting any promotion campaign Obviously we need commitment and we'll get that from these 2 but what we really lacked, was pace and skill, something we fell short of compared to most of the teams in the top half of the table

Ive got a feeling you are going to be very disapointed this summer, who exactly are you expecting us to lure to League One?

Brighton walked away with the League having players who wanted to work hard for a living, not inspirational signings.

I thought last season would have woke a few up but im wrong we are still deluded.

i think sometimes supporters get carried away with the transfer rumours and gossip about the names been mentioned, me included, i think the signings today are a clear indication that the likes of koumas etc maybe beyond our reach, im sure the lads that megsons bringing in will hopefully do the neccesary job.

fingers crossed.

Prutton.... Leeds and Swindon fans forums summary...

"Hard working, honest, will put in a shift, gets in peoples faces, goes missing at times, lacks the killer pass and creativity...."

Have I not just summaried James O'Connor..... have to say, by offering O'Connor a new deal, then signing a complete player double, I think this is a bad move..... unless we are retracting the offer made to JOC....

We need more than this to get promoted and also get the fans back

No, you did not. Although I'm not ecstatic about Prutton's signing, unlike O'Connor he is very capable passer of the ball, but he simply lacks creativity to creat chances for others. Unlike O'Connor he has rocket of a shot on him, and in my book these qualities are essential for central midfielders, yet JO'C doesn't posses neither.

This

While Prutton obviously deserves a chance, I’ll be very disappointed if we start with Prutton and O’Conner in midfield because I can’t see that pair being good enough.

We are still lacking in the midfield dept.

It's also only May the rumbleing 24th.