OFFICIAL - Prutton and Jones sign

Guest gingerowl1

is it just me whos not reight excited about signing these 2 ,lets hope some of the next 7 are a bit better quality

Its all about balance mate. These are the "ugly" signings, the grafters so to speak.

Wait and see, i'm sure we will have some class brought in soon.

Guest maltaowl

S-P-I-N-E - most good teams have a strong one

My thoughts exactly. Two big, strong leaders who will hopefully have the ability to ge results at places like Exeter where before we have been battered. Not exactly limelight signings but im sure they will both come in and do the job

Guest foreverSWFC

Megson knows what he is doing, but Prutton seems to be just another ex-premier league footballer who has fallen down the leagues earning a large wage due to his time at the top level.

A few more spring to mind, Francis Jeffers, Gary Teale, Clinton Morrison. I think we need to move on from these kind of players, and go for younger, hungrier players. Also, the alot of Swindon fans think he is throw. However, in Megson we trust.

Guest Sheff Owl

When Prutton was at leeds they did one of the dish the dirt things and it was Jermaine Beckford and Neil Killkenny....

THE JOKER

NK: David Prutton.

JB: Prutts definitely. You never know what you're going to walk into when you go into the changing rooms. You know something is going to be up, but you never know what until you open that door!

AND WHO'S THE LONGEST IN THE SHOWER...

NK: I'd say David Prutton. He's got long hair so he likes to wash it all the time and gel it up and all that. So I'd say David Prutton.

JB: Yeah, I'd agree.

I'm struggling to see the difference between Tommy Miller and David Prutton.....

I think Prutton will put himself about a a bit more, and be stronger in the tackle, as well as more vocal.

He also has a better injury record.

I did rate Miller though, and think we will miss his goals unless one of our new signings

is someone who scores from midfield.

Edited by bobtheowl

i still think Jones is too slow and gets done by quick movement too easy for my liking.

Dont know enough about Prutton to make a judgement.

But if Megson has gone out and signed him, id trust his judgement. im not fussed about big names, i just want the right players doing the right jobs.

very pleased they are both frees too, good bit of business as im sure teams will hold out for fees with us now they know Mandaric has money to spend.

Guest Sheff Owl

Interview when he was at Leeds talking about his Hair....

If you are in a spot of bother and the “Hand of God” is unavailable, the next best thing is probably the “Hair of Jesus”. David Prutton was the bad boy famed for shoving a referee, but he is resurrecting his career at Leeds United and believes that he can do the same for the club’s play-offs hopes away to Carlisle United this evening.

Prutton is not your average footballer. Not only has he been likened to the Son of God by fans because of his flowing locks, facial hair and dead-ferret sideburns, but also he peppers his interview with references to David Brent, Bettys Tea Rooms and the skinny legs of the Kaiser Chiefs.

“When people start saying you’re a character, then it sounds ridiculous,” Prutton said, before Leeds’ attempt to overturn a 2-1 deficit from Monday’s first leg of the Coca-Cola League One play-offs semi-final. “But I’ve never minded talking about things beyond football. I mentioned that I was getting called Jesus in an interview and my mate rang and said I sounded like David Brent. I don’t know about the new image. They’re carrying crucifixes apparently. Jesus!”

The hair is more a reflection of Prutton’s love of Seventies rock. He is 26, but cites Led Zeppelin, AC/DC and the Rolling Stones as favourites, while insisting his taste does not stop at 1982. “The Kaiser Chiefs came into training,” he said. “Lovely lads, but they all looked very bizarre in shorts. They’re used to skinny jeans, I guess. One of them said he’d never sit in the crowd and hammer the team because if you put a football in front of him, he’d fall over. But then I’ve been to gigs and ignored the support band. Yeah, I’m guilty of that.”

Prutton is a former England Under-21 midfield player who has appeared in the Premier League with Southampton, but he is relishing his new life down among the “dead men”. He has tattoos, a faded Beatles T-shirt and a skull ring, so he fits in well with Leeds’ outsider status. “It’s that ‘us against them thing’. No one likes us, we don’t care,” he said.

“If everyone hates you, you’ve got nothing to lose. You might even turn a few. That mentality gives the fans a sense of identity, it brings people together. As long as it doesn’t flow over into something daft, it’s great.”

The fire still burns, though. “I was running to the back post the other week and this player pulled my hair,” he said. “It was quite clever, but for a moment I lost it. My mum was in the crowd with her head in her hands, saying, ‘no, don’t’. But the ref was cool.”

Guest RAMPANT OTTER83

Very happy with these two.

I think Prutton will be an excellent replacement for Miller. Liked what I saw of him against Swindon.

I think miller and prutton are the same player but miller had more goals in him

Guest RAMPANT OTTER83

I think miller and prutton are the same player but miller had more goals in him

And he his a red card waiting to happen