milan

Guest inman

Eh? We'll have just about the largest season ticket sales in the division, if not THE highests.

Why would the highest ST sales put us in a relegation scrap?

By matching our spending to our income, we are being prudent, WHILST still being top of the spenders, I don't see a problem personally, but then again I understand maths.

Compared to what Mandaric is stating will be the budget?

He has already said that the budget isn't reliant on sales, so any amount we might have raised via season tickets will have extra on top in line with his vision for getting us out of the division.

We spent moderately well last year and nearly went down so I wouldn't wishing for modest spending again as this league can bite you in the ass.

P.S. I got a D in GCSE maths and am proud.

Compared to what Mandaric is stating will be the budget?

He has already said that the budget isn't reliant on sales, so any amount we might have raised via season tickets will have extra on top in line with his vision for getting us out of the division.

We spent moderately well last year and nearly went down so I wouldn't wishing for modest spending again as this league can bite you in the ass.

P.S. I got a D in GCSE maths and am proud.

I dont think nearly going down had anything to do with how much we spent to be honest mate. Its sickening how our budget has compared to some of the sides above us, something just went haywire midway through the season and totally fvcked us.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Means there is now massive expectations .....

Biggest spenders in league, few months to have at look at squad.... transfer window signing his players, removing the dead wood...

Promotion MUST be achieved, and I feel with Megson it WILL be achieved

I have to agree, I don't think it is possible to have a budget this big in league 3 with a manager that has the passion levels of megson and not come in the top 2

It just is not possible for the season to end any other way that a top 2 finish

This has to be where the tide has finally turned

using my *** packet economics he got around 40 mill for selling Portsmouth and he's spent around 12(?) mill on us so far therefore he has another 28 mill to spend on us before he breaks even. :biggrin:

Also not forgetting we will more than likely be worth quite a bit more than Pompy.

Taking assets. support etc into considerations.

He said last night that we won't go down the crazy road of spending but there needs to be a team on the pitch that is good enough to bring fans in. He knows that he's here to build us up and sell us for as much money as possible, he said it himself. If he spends like crazy then his profit will be less when he sells. Conversely, if he spends nothing then the team won't progress so he won't get much when he sells. Its a balancing act and he's been in football long enough to know what is needed and what isn't.

He will take us back to where we (think we?) belong. I love him as much as its possible to love someone I don't know or fancy. The man can be a hero here and write his name into the history of Sheffield Wednesday FC.

History should not repeat itselt, I WANT our budget to be dependant upon season tickets.

We should still be cutting our cloth accordingly, let us not forget the trouble we were in very recently, and our porcine neighbours are in now?

Your better than a silly statement like that.

We are now owned by an individual who is funding out of his pocket.

We are not lending off the bank.

What did we have last Summer? Massive debts an incompetent board a dour manager with little experience, little understanding of the club, and a deep fear of teams like Walsall! And we were so confident of success?

Now we are debt free, have an ambitious board who need the club to succeed and will use their (his) own money to achieve it. We have people with real football experience running the club. we have an experienced and previously successful manager who knows and loves the club, whose family are steeped in the traditions of the club, who is determined to get the club out of the poo .

Im seriously worried about next season lol

Guest Big Guns

What did we have last Summer? Massive debts an incompetent board a dour manager with little experience, little understanding of the club, and a deep fear of teams like Walsall! And we were so confident of success?

Now we are debt free, have an ambitious board who need the club to succeed and will use their (his) own money to achieve it. We have people with real football experience running the club. we have an experienced and previously successful manager who knows and loves the club, whose family are steeped in the traditions of the club, who is determined to get the club out of the poo .

Im seriously worried about next season lol

true and everything Megson says and tries to do is totaly opposite to Irvine ,and everything Milans saying is totaly opposite to LS ,Irvine and LS fooked up theres no way MIlans going too happy days ahead :biggrin:

By matching our spending to our income, we are being prudent, WHILST still being top of the spenders, I don't see a problem personally, but then again I understand maths.

So do I!

Salmon + Bones = pillock.

We do need to spend money to get this club going, thats not in doubt and Milan has said he will spend wisely on "investment" players if necessary.

But if we are spending more than we generate as a business, we obviously wont be in debt to our suppliers or a bank, but the balance sheet would be showing a defecit. Milan is obviously absorbing any losses and you could say it's sustainable (in a way) in terms that he has the money to do so, but it could also be viewed as a debt to Milan rather than external debt a bit like the McCabe situation across the city.

I'm all for enjoying our new found spending power for a change and looking forward to seeing some quality on the pitch, but lets not bury our heads as to the reality and risks behind all this as Sheffield United fans have seemed to enjoy doing.

If we are successful, and I have a good feeling we will be, this will all prove to be a sound investment and the money spent now wont matter. But unless I am wrong and Milan is just doing all this for a laugh as a hobby, he will want his money back at some point I would've thought.

We do need to spend money to get this club going, thats not in doubt and Milan has said he will spend wisely on "investment" players if necessary.

But if we are spending more than we generate as a business, we obviously wont be in debt to our suppliers or a bank, but the balance sheet would be showing a defecit. Milan is obviously absorbing any losses and you could say it's sustainable (in a way) in terms that he has the money to do so, but it could also be viewed as a debt to Milan rather than external debt a bit like the McCabe situation across the city.

I'm all for enjoying our new found spending power for a change and looking forward to seeing some quality on the pitch, but lets not bury our heads as to the reality and risks behind all this as Sheffield United fans have seemed to enjoy doing.

If we are successful, and I have a good feeling we will be, this will all prove to be a sound investment and the money spent now wont matter. But unless I am wrong and Milan is just doing all this for a laugh as a hobby, he will want his money back at some point I would've thought.

But it seems he DOES do it for a hobby! Hes a gambler at the end of the day ; but a very wise one who seems to win rather often. He has made no secret of the fact that hes bought the club on the cheap and will enjoy returning the club to where irt should be, at which point he will either sell for a huge prrrrrofit or find hes fallen in love and wants to stay and enjoy it.

I think he does it for fun more than owt else. His business interests are ticking over very nicely and he can enjoy the benefits. Some folks buy boats Milan buys clubs> Cant see the problem. Havent seen anywhere he has said he is lending the club the money (at 3% above LIBOR as some have done). In fact whats the point as he now IS the club essentially. I love what hes doing!

How can Wednesday be in financial debt to Milan when Milan 100% lock, stock and barrel owns Wednesday? If I take £20 out of my wallet to buy a DVD, I'm not adding £20 of debt to myself! :biggrin:

But it seems he DOES do it for a hobby! Hes a gambler at the end of the day ; but a very wise one who seems to win rather often. He has made no secret of the fact that hes bought the club on the cheap and will enjoy returning the club to where irt should be, at which point he will either sell for a huge prrrrrofit or find hes fallen in love and wants to stay and enjoy it.

I think he does it for fun more than owt else. His business interests are ticking over very nicely and he can enjoy the benefits. Some folks buy boats Milan buys clubs> Cant see the problem. Havent seen anywhere he has said he is lending the club the money (at 3% above LIBOR as some have done). In fact whats the point as he now IS the club essentially. I love what hes doing!

I hope thats the case.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that we now need to spend a bit of money to get where we need to be. I dont like the unsustainable nature of football but its the nature of the beast and if we are to be successful then just trying to run off what we generate won't bring success fast (but I would hope we take measures to make what we generate as a business much higher in the future).

We wont really know anything about the finances of the club any more, I trust Milan going forward and he has the right idea about investing in assets, but I just hope we learn from our past mistakes, thats all I am saying.

Its his own money!

His business plan is quite simply

what ever it costs him to get us in to the premiership, he will get back and much much more when he sells us a premier league side

This - and while doing so he is finding an afinity with the wednesday fans - the bloke is genuine but will one day sell us on, but we will be a club on the up by this time!

Milan is god!

How can Wednesday be in financial debt to Milan when Milan 100% lock, stock and barrel owns Wednesday? If I take £20 out of my wallet to buy a DVD, I'm not adding £20 of debt to myself! :biggrin:

If thats his mindset then fantastic.

But if his mindset later down the line when looking at his financial records is "Christ, Ive put X amount into the club, its not worked out, we're paying out a lot of money, what if I cant sell for the right price" then it could become an issue.

Thats is of course the worst case scenario, if we get it right then things will be fine, but we do need to get them right sooner rather than later. He may well just see this as an expensive hobby but I do think Milan wants a return from this and isnt just throwing his money away for the craic.

I know McCabe doesnt own United lock stock and barrel, but is pretty close. There was a time when United's current predicament seemed unrealistic and people wouldve laughed in our faces for suggesting it, now they still claim they dont have debt because McCabe is the creditor. It all depends on the motives of an owner and I suppose they can change.

Just thinking aloud to be honest, I am optimistic about a bright future at SWFC, but I think in order to ensure its not a flash in the pan, we need to learn from our mistakes from 1993 onwards.

If thats his mindset then fantastic.

But if his mindset later down the line when looking at his financial records is "Christ, Ive put X amount into the club, its not worked out, we're paying out a lot of money, what if I cant sell for the right price" then it could become an issue.

Thats is of course the worst case scenario, if we get it right then things will be fine, but we do need to get them right sooner rather than later. He may well just see this as an expensive hobby but I do think Milan wants a return from this and isnt just throwing his money away for the craic.

I know McCabe doesnt own United lock stock and barrel, but is pretty close. There was a time when United's current predicament seemed unrealistic and people wouldve laughed in our faces for suggesting it, now they still claim they dont have debt because McCabe is the creditor. It all depends on the motives of an owner and I suppose they can change.

Just thinking aloud to be honest, I am optimistic about a bright future at SWFC, but I think in order to ensure its not a flash in the pan, we need to learn from our mistakes from 1993 onwards.

Think the difference is that from what I can gather McCabe is a property developer whereas Mandaric is a football club developer and is therefore more experienced to the pitfalls involved e.g.not spending stupid money on players we can't afford. It's the new way to run clubs like ours. Apparently Blackpool have done the same this season,not paying players more than 50k/week and all players getting paid the same.