milan

Guest inman

History should not repeat itselt, I WANT our budget to be dependant upon season tickets.

We should still be cutting our cloth accordingly, let us not forget the trouble we were in very recently, and our porcine neighbours are in now?

Guest domSWFC

History should not repeat itselt, I WANT our budget to be dependant upon season tickets.

We should still be cutting our cloth accordingly, let us not forget the trouble we were in very recently, and our porcine neighbours are in now?

But Milan knows he needs to splash the cash to get us up. Is it 8million or something like that what he's lost due to us not going up?

He can't afford to risk that happening again.

Guest inman

Only a quote, but i agree to a certain extent, I dont believe milan would throw money away again, not like he did with irvine, lesson learnt and all that.,

Guest Big Guns

specalate to accumalate ,theres a flippingmassive pot in the promised land ,we wont get there budgeting on 10 000 season tickets

Guest BoomTownOwls

I want history to repeat itself.

If that means cup finals, European football and 2 pretty good decades. I will take 2030-2040 being another crap one.

Spend the cash and the crowds will come.

Guest Big Guns

I want history to repeat itself.

If that means cup finals, European football and 2 pretty good decades. I will take 2030-2040 being another crap one.

Spend the cash and the crowds will come.

yep will go along with that cos i will be reight old then ,and will have to sit with the south stand coffin dogers,spend it NOW while i can still go on the north

Guest bigbadbreeze

Its his own money!

His business plan is quite simply

what ever it costs him to get us in to the premiership, he will get back and much much more when he sells us a premier league side

Its his own money!

His business plan is quite simply

what ever it costs him to get us in to the premiership, he will get back and much much more when he sells us a premier league side

using my *** packet economics he got around 40 mill for selling Portsmouth and he's spent around 12(?) mill on us so far therefore he has another 28 mill to spend on us before he breaks even. :biggrin:

Guest Big Guns

I wasn't going to mention it, but... as you ask... no.

:biggrin:

oh thought id learned to spell cos the spelling cops dont seem to bother with me any more :blush:

So we should install unrealistic season ticket targets and dangle the carrot of maybe having an improved budget?

Its a chicken and egg scenario - nobody will buy season tickets if the team on the pitch doesn't perform. Milan knows this and is putting his money where his mouth is to make us a club fans want to see. The way I see it we have moved on from our mistakes.

If we set our budget according to season ticket sales then it would be another relegation scrap next year. Theres no nobility in playing the moral high-ground as other clubs whizz past us.

Means there is now massive expectations .....

Biggest spenders in league, few months to have at look at squad.... transfer window signing his players, removing the dead wood...

Promotion MUST be achieved, and I feel with Megson it WILL be achieved

So we should install unrealistic season ticket targets and dangle the carrot of maybe having an improved budget?

Its a chicken and egg scenario - nobody will buy season tickets if the team on the pitch doesn't perform. Milan knows this and is putting his money where his mouth is to make us a club fans want to see. The way I see it we have moved on from our mistakes.

If we set our budget according to season ticket sales then it would be another relegation scrap next year. Theres no nobility in playing the moral high-ground as other clubs whizz past us.

Exactly.

We have had years of buy a ticket and we might get the "cream of the crop"

Now we have a man who can say..."look we are going for it...back the team"

It also means no excuses for fans though

Eh? We'll have just about the largest season ticket sales in the division, if not THE highests.

Why would the highest ST sales put us in a relegation scrap?

By matching our spending to our income, we are being prudent, WHILST still being top of the spenders, I don't see a problem personally, but then again I understand maths.

Guest Saturday Owl

I'd like the Season ticket sales money to go towards simple maintenance jobs like making the stadium look nicer.

For example Weeding were the grass is overgrown behind the KOP, and giving the old lady a touch of paint. Hopefully Wednesdayaite sort that out tonight.

Megson will want to bring in a few freebies first, then look at bringing in players on fees and then possible loans. (Hopefully Batth)