Well Done, Grant

Congratulations to Grant Holt for captaining Norwich City into the Premier League.

That's 20 goals a season for the past 3 seasons, and statistics from '09 showed that he worked harder(distance covered) than any other players in the bottom two leagues.

There was always a player there worth developing. Reminded me a bit of a 'poor mans Hirsty'.

Typical.............

Aside from anything else, I couldn't see Norwich selling him.

Managers love a player who 'puts in a shift', and when they stick 20 a season in the back of the onion bag too, well, first name on the retention list.

Edited by talon

Aside from anything else, I couldn't see Norwich selling him.

Managers love a player who 'puts in a shift', and when they stick 20 a season in the back of the onion bag too, well, first name on the retention list.

0,,10304~8946515,00.jpg

Aye, they do.

Just remember never touch him or he hits the floor like he's been shot! Goes down easier than Drogba and begs for cards to be produced!

A great player but a cheating nobhead too!!

I never saw him as much of a cheater - I just thought his constant tumbling over was down to youthful nerves. He'd get close to goal with the kop roaring him on, and he'd trip over his feet.

Whatever the reason, it was frustrating.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Congratulations to Grant Holt for captaining Norwich City into the Premier League.

That's 20 goals a season for the past 3 seasons, and statistics from '09 showed that he worked harder(distance covered) than any other players in the bottom two leagues.

There was always a player there worth developing. Reminded me a bit of a 'poor mans Hirsty'.

Typical.............

Said so at the time.

Great player now, and i'm chuffed for him he deserves it. But saying we should have kept him is just a bit daft IMO, at the point we had him we couldn't afford to wait a year for a player to develop never mind 7 years. It was the correct decision to let him go at the time and it was probably the best move for his career aswell