Take a Bow

Guest Distraught!

It's a nice sentiment that this kind of thing happened and a kick in the teeth for the Pigs' fans who are making a big thing about that lot staying behind to "sing their hearts out" even after relegation. But it has to be put in context. The game was just a stroll in the sun for us with no great significance on the result. It was the last away game of the season with most of the fans more interested in what was happening at the bottom of the Championship. Needless to say, as the results unfolded elsewhere, our fans would have clapped and cheered anuything.

How can applauding the opposition after the match has finished, or a player being substituted, affect the result?

I agree that we should make home games intimidating, but that does not stop us from showing our appreciation of an excellent player/person and performance (Bury). Applauding Bristol was more sympathy than appreciation, but what harm did it do? It certainly increased the respect given to our club.

Applauding Bristol Rovers and Dion Dublin prevent us from winning how exactly?

It's not about being nice guys per se but having a bit of class.

I was so proud of the reception we gave Dublin, it was a real heart warming moment. I'd rather be like that, thanks.

So was I mate,but it's a waste of time trying to convert some one with no class. I blame the parents.

Well, I'm proud to be associated with fellow fans who know how to conduct themselves properly, and with dignity, anyhow..

We did the same at Yoevil with the juniors,even though the cheeky chavs were giving it "who are ya "

At the end of that game against Norwich, Wednesdayites in the North stand and the Norwich supporters were clapping each other on their way out of the ground. For me, this is how it should be, it's great having a bit of banter with the opposition, but when the game ends, both sets of supporters should be able to walk away from the ground together, without any intimidation.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

At the end of that game against Norwich, Wednesdayites in the North stand and the Norwich supporters were clapping each other on their way out of the ground. For me, this is how it should be, it's great having a bit of banter with the opposition, but when the game ends, both sets of supporters should be able to walk away from the ground together, without any intimidation.

Spot on.

Applauding Bristol Rovers and Dion Dublin prevent us from winning how exactly?

It's not about being nice guys per se but having a bit of class.

I was so proud of the reception we gave Dublin, it was a real heart warming moment. I'd rather be like that, thanks.

To be fair, yes we gave Dublin a good send off, but if the game had finished 1-0 and I seem to think that he scored their goal, then it may have been different!

Guest Salopian Owl

To be fair, yes we gave Dublin a good send off, but if the game had finished 1-0 and I seem to think that he scored their goal, then it may have been different!

Huckerby scored for Norwich that day.

Guest Distraught!

Was the ovation connected with his Norwich days or for the performance when he single handedly destroyed us in a cup tie against Cambridge during Big Ron's days? :blink:

I still believe the reception givien to Dublin was enhanced massively due to the pure relief that he was going off as he was causing our back four all sorts of problems, and we desperately needed to win!!

we were winning 4-1 with 10 mins to go when he went off

Guest Distraught!

Was the ovation connected with his Norwich days or for the performance when he single handedly destroyed us in a cup tie against Cambridge during Big Ron's days? :blink:

Neither, I will answer my own question. Now I remember it was the game that he retired from pro football but I bet a lot of Wednesdayites remember that day in Cambridge.

A couple of seasons ago the Cardiff fans were waving at us after the game.

The Welsh are a strange lot though, they wave with the back of their hand and with their fist clenched.

Wierd! :blink:

I'm sure there must be other examples of our all round top man and top banana-ness

A couple of years back we threw rose pettles on the floor as Millwall climbed back onto their coach. In another incident we gave a penalty against ourselves as we didn't think we'd deserved the 3 points.

A couple of years back we threw rose pettles on the floor as Millwall climbed back onto their coach. In another incident we gave a penalty against ourselves as we didn't think we'd deserved the 3 points.

We've been letting the other team win for the last 13 years... does that count?