M. Morrison & Reynolds

Guest thekelch

Guest thekelch

I've noticed on a lot of the "who should we keep/sell" threads these two names keep getting mention as people we should release but I'm not so sure. I was really happy when we signed them both as they both had pedigree, were the right age and were brought for proper fees over competition from other clubs.

Now I know neither has exactly lived up to expectations but they were both thrown into a completely new back four in a team that had zero confidence and both were played out of position (both see themselves as CBs but have more often been played at FB) - so its no wonder they had bad form. But with the team winning again and a full pre-season of Megson coaching under their belt I'm sure they could have a role to play for next season.

What do others think?

I've noticed on a lot of the "who should we keep/sell" threads these two names keep getting mention as people we should release but I'm not so sure. I was really happy when we signed them both as they both had pedigree, were the right age and were brought for proper fees over competition from other clubs.

Now I know neither has exactly lived up to expectations but they were both thrown into a completely new back four in a team that had zero confidence and both were played out of position (both see themselves as CBs but have more often been played at FB) - so its no wonder they had bad form. But with the team winning again and a full pre-season of Megson coaching under their belt I'm sure they could have a role to play for next season.

What do others think?

They should at least be given the summer to see if they can settle in. If you remember when Dejan Stevanovic came, he struggled first off. Then instead of going home etc, I think he did extra training over the summer and turned things around.

Morrison and Reynolds are both under contract and as long as they want to become better players and play their heart out for the club, they should at least be given a bit more of a chance.

Plus, I they do come good, it's extra cover for CB, RB and LB as they can both play in multiple positions which will be very useful in a smaller sized squad.

Edited by Maple Staple

Something tell's me Morrison might have a bit of an attitude on him,

Not sure why, but I get the same feeling about Coke and maybe this has caused problems under Megson,

Also, as a CB, we have Johnson, Jones, Batth, Beevers and Buxton who are better, ( Hinds is no worse on evidence so far ) and at RB, we have Buxton and even Otsemobor who are better, it's going to be hard for him, particularly if we sign Jones or Batth.

Reynolds for me looked lost on the field, like a scared little boy, too small, not strong enough, we arent playing a right footed player at LB for no reason after all.

Will be very hard for Reynolds too, wouldnt be surprised if he ended up back in scotland.

Guest Big Guns

id like to see them both shown the door ,every time ive seen then both theyve looked crap ,we dont want to wait incase they might come good,we need a clear out and these two must be part of it.

Something tell's me Morrison might have a bit of an attitude on him,

A couple of Leicester fans did say when he signed that he can get the face on pretty quickly at times- how true that is i don't know.

The odd thing about Michael Morrison was he was improving pretty quickly after a poor start- the last game he played in was at Dagenham at RB and he did very well and was very effective defensively.

Then Megson says two days later that the full backs weren't getting forward enough, Morrison gets dropped and is (6 games later) yet to even surface on the bench.

It has happened with a few players under Megson- Coke, Palmer, Hinds and (before he went back) Osbourne all played ok and then were dropped from the squad for long periods of time.

It's very, very strange tbh.

I'd like to think that now they know what is expected of them they can hopefully get a good pre-season under their belt and start showing why we paid money for them.

I don't think we can judge anyone who came in January because 2nd in the league was a somewhat false position and they came into a team with no confidence and a manager who had started losing the plot.

We were all thinking about the midfield and he signs a new back four???!!! WTF!

It isnt strange at all. Megson had to work hard at finding a winning team with what he had available. Those who played poorly had to wait for another chance, and when the team began winning that chance never came.

Hope they do come good, but if we rely on that happening we will be very exposed. Keep as cover and hope for the best, unless an offer comes in.

Megson saw the reserves as a worthless wasteground, only fit for wrecking the youth teams confidence. It doesn't bode well for Spurr and Reynolds that they played for them in the last game.

Morrison looks stroppy, like he believes he should be the key member of the team. Reportedly told an owlstalker to F off after a game too.

plenty of people were howling last season for Buxton to be shown the door. Been arguably one of our top players this season.

Just goes to show, players can turn it around. lets not get too hasty, start cutting players who have barely had a chance at it, when theres a very good chance that next season we could have two decent centre backs in those two.

Guest Big Guns

plenty of people were howling last season for Buxton to be shown the door. Been arguably one of our top players this season.

Just goes to show, players can turn it around. lets not get too hasty, start cutting players who have barely had a chance at it, when theres a very good chance that next season we could have two decent centre backs in those two.

lets be reight hes not had to play that well to look good with this lot ,hes hardly been outstanding has he

What do others think?

I'm with you thefelch

Whilst neither has done enough to my mind, this is the thing:-

They both have proved in performances elsewhere they have the required pedigree ON PAPER. Couple that single fact with the fact that Irvine changed our entire back line in one fell swoop, killed the morale in the team, completely ripped any sense of cohesion out of our defence, hell our entire team - then I say these guys still need time to prove their worth, or we risk losing money on them, and also the probability that they will come good elsewhere.

If they'd been here for a season or longer, i'd say get rid, but they haven't. I'm even coming round to the fact we need to lose players like Spurr, so i'm not being blinded by blind faith - I honestly think that the task of re-motivating the team after Irvine has been underestimated, and some players have been affected far more then others by it.

Guest Big Guns

Yes - they were both big players for their previous teams and shouldn't be disgarded on the basis of a couple of games in a period when we were all sh!te.

if Morrison was any good Leicster would have never let him go