Here's a question Rivals?

depends where you are from, not all wednesday supporters are from sheffield...once upon a time up to 30% of the wednesday crowd may not have been from sheffield...if you're a wednesdayite from chesterfield, it's likely to be them...if you're from donny, likely it will be them...barnsley...the dingles...generally if you ask a sheffielder, he'll say leeds...

i didn't mention toytown as they are not a real football team, and have no ground...

I'd say Barnsley or Rotherham jus because of how much they purely hate us, makes it even funnier when we beat them. Though to be fair we don't have a great record against Millers over the past 10 years, not that there's much chance of a league meeting anytime soon :ph34r:

Guest totemowl

How can people say leeds? they don't care about us one bit. They dislike about ten teams more than us and that includes sheff utd

You seem to be confused. Rivalry is not the same as hatred. Rivalry is about competition and they are, history shows, of a similar stature to us.

I know rivalries change depending on your standing (back in the 60s we would have looked at Spurs and Everton as big rivals), so it's understandable that some people currently look that way at Barnsley or Chesterfield. But it's a bit absurd given that we've barely been in the same division for most of our history.

It's like saying Barcelona are our big rivals - and at least that Fairs Cup aggregate defeat still hurts!

After the Blunts, any real rivalries can surely only be long term affairs with clubs of a reasonably similar standing (Forest, Leeds etc). Once upon a time we might have included Chelsea in there, but times change...

Edited by Neal M

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

I'd agree there. I've never heard from a Chesterfield fan before this season, now they never shut up about beating us next season...

That's because their open their big gobs first before switching their brain on that's if they ever had one in the first place. :huh:

Why do we have to have 2?

I couldn't give a throw about Leeds, Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and especially that tin pot poo poo hole Chesterfield, I mean come on, Chesterfield a rumbleing rivalry. Comical.

Don't need to have 2 just curious to know if you did thats all :biggrin:

Guest 03 owl

We are Man Ure's Bogey team if that helps. As far as Rivalry goes you could throw a few in the Hat apart from the obvious, L***s every 1 hate's them, Millwall when teddy was there, West Ham as well probably Arsenal too :biggrin: .