Here's a question Rivals?

thats why I asked and didn't mention blues we have the two. The Villa rivalry goes back Pre-WWII as is one of the theories of how we got the "Baggies" nickname. Our fan would go to games games wearing there protective leather trousers from the metal works and the villa would shout "Here come the Baggies" as taunts when they saw us coming. Wolves are a post war rivalry. But, the needle is still there between the Teams

Why are'nt you rivals with Blues Baggiehy? Personally if I lived in your area I would see them as the club to detest most what with their horrible supporters and think we are big attitude.

Why are'nt you rivals with Blues Baggiehy? Personally if I lived in your area I would see them as the club to detest most what with their horrible supporters and think we are big attitude.

We hate the Villa They hate the Villa, they've had there run-ins with the Dingles. don't get me wrong its not a love-in by any mean but we're cool with each other. just the way it is.

Leeds. The other local teams are insignificant to me.

Although, I barely care about Leeds either lol.

Actually, I think our other main rival is ourselves!!

Dirty Leeds are in a different County !!!

Its Barnsley for me as i lived there for 35 yrs

as for others i hate its just got to be Arsenal ever since the did us in the cup in 1980 at filbet st

Guest bigblue

I think you need a basis for a rivalry.

The Blunts are rivals for - Sheffield's No. 1

Dirty L£&ds Scum for - Yorkshire's No. 1

Rotherscum for - more fans in Rotherham

Dingles - fans in Barnsley

Chavy Rovers - fans in Donny

That silly little club in Derbyshire - most fans in Chessy

On-pitch rivalries apply when you're at the same level only really.

The tin pot lobbers are a mild irritant, but meh whatever!

In terms of pure fan rivalries - there's only one.

Gotta be leeds - bloody sister in law and her hubby are season ticket holders - everytime they play Iwe get update texts - I dont rumbleing care!!!

Used to hate Arsenal after the FA cup final but kinda got over that now. Can't stand Sunderland but thats fromhaving to live amongst the bloody Mackems and their arrogance for too long!

Guest thekelch

Ok we as a team have two main Rivalries Villa and Older generation Baggies the Villa is the main rivalry. Newer the wolves. Me? I dislike them both. So the question is obviously the blade are your main rivals, but, who are your secondary rivals?

If you're really interested in this topic you should read this (http://www.footballfanscensus.com/issueresults/Club_Rivalries_Uncovered_Results.pdf) and shows us Wednesdayites how lucky we really are to have a genuine derby where its the biggest game of the season for both set of fans without question.

I think its really interesting to see in the report that we are the fifth most hated team in the country which is mainly because all of the surrounding teams in the area hate us with a passion rather than developing proper rivalries of their own.

I think most posts on here would concurr with the results of the survey:

1. Blunts

2. Leeds

3. Barnsley

4. Chesterfield/Doncaster/Rotherham - we say we don't care about them but its horrible, just horrible to lose to these small clubs and have to hear about it for days afterwards

5. Derby/Forest/Huddersfield/Hull depending on our relative league position at the time

On a more personal note my second most hated team will always be MK Dons. Disgraceful club, shouldn't be allowed to exist, their fans should still be banned from joining the FSF and should be abused and heckled wherever they go. I refused to go to the away game there this year because I do not want them to have a penny of my money.

If you're really interested in this topic you should read this (http://www.footballfanscensus.com/issueresults/Club_Rivalries_Uncovered_Results.pdf) and shows us Wednesdayites how lucky we really are to have a genuine derby where its the biggest game of the season for both set of fans without question.

I think its really interesting to see in the report that we are the fifth most hated team in the country which is mainly because all of the surrounding teams in the area hate us with a passion rather than developing proper rivalries of their own.

I think most posts on here would concurr with the results of the survey:

1. Blunts

2. Leeds

3. Barnsley

4. Chesterfield/Doncaster/Rotherham - we say we don't care about them but its horrible, just horrible to lose to these small clubs and have to hear about it for days afterwards

5. Derby/Forest/Huddersfield/Hull depending on our relative league position at the time

On a more personal note my second most hated team will always be MK Dons. Disgraceful club, shouldn't be allowed to exist, their fans should still be banned from joining the FSF and should be abused and heckled wherever they go. I refused to go to the away game there this year because I do not want them to have a penny of my money.

Interesting read mate, got to say ain't heard "Benny's" since the 70s :biggrin: They mainly call us Tesco's which is truly the best they can come up with :laugh: