Here's a question Rivals?

Guest Stento(WTID)

pigs is a cert followed by leeds donni etc........ BUT on top of that nothing pleases me more than seeing arsenal win absolute sweet F.A. and flippingeverything up for the past 6 years. after what they did to us

Has to be Leeds, for many many reasons including being the other big club in Yorkshire.

Then I'd say any team from the wrong side of the pennines, particularly those in the same league (once ManUre now Rochdale :rolleyes: )

I'd also say Arsenal for the 1993 heartbreak and plenty of reasons since.

Forest and maybe Derby for close proximity (and scab factor of course).

I don't hold any hatred what-so-ever for Barnsley, Donny, Rovrum, Chezzy, Scunny etc all a minor irritation when doing better than us but still insignificant.

Interesting.

There are two teams in Birmingham. One of them isn't even worth mentioning as a rival?

That because we're cool with each other on whole because we are both rivals of Villa. As I said for most older baggies the Villa is the rivalry. In fact I'd be gutted if the blues don't get anything at the dingles this weekend

Edited by Guest

That because we're cool with each other on whole because we are both rivals of Villa. As I said for most older baggies the Villa is the rivalry. In fact I'd be gutted if the blues don't get anything at the dingles this weekend

If wolves are your dingles, who are theirs?

Guest christheowl

I live in rotherham- so its rotherham for me ! The fact they still go on about beating us 2-1 in the last minute shows how much they hate us !

I live in rotherham- so its rotherham for me ! The fact they still go on about beating us 2-1 in the last minute shows how much they hate us !

what these mentally messed up toytowners seem to forget is that we have won on our last 4 or 5 visits to roverham. :dry:

Edited by parkfieldowl14

You have one derby - if it's not fully reciprocal then it doesn't count.

I like to beat all these local sides, if only to shut them up for 6 months. But I'm only nervous about the Sheff Utd game.

It might be different for West Brom, but Sheffield only has one derby. The rest are all one way.

Sad for those teams not having a proper rival but it ain't us.

You have one derby - if it's not fully reciprocal then it doesn't count.

I like to beat all these local sides, if only to shut them up for 6 months. But I'm only nervous about the Sheff Utd game.

It might be different for West Brom, but Sheffield only has one derby. The rest are all one way.

Sad for those teams not having a proper rival but it ain't us.

thats why I asked and didn't mention blues we have the two. The Villa rivalry goes back Pre-WWII as is one of the theories of how we got the "Baggies" nickname. Our fan would go to games games wearing there protective leather trousers from the metal works and the villa would shout "Here come the Baggies" as taunts when they saw us coming. Wolves are a post war rivalry. But, the needle is still there between the Teams