Here's a question Rivals?

locally, the dingles fans wee wee me off more than others.

nationally, i have flipping arsenal with a passion

who are your dingles again? I lose track :biggrin:

Ok we as a team have two main Rivalries Villa and Older generation Baggies the Villa is the main rivalry. Newer the wolves. Me? I dislike them both. So the question is obviously the blade are your main rivals, but, who are your secondary rivals?

Weeds. Hate the team and their arrogant and troublesome supporters. Disgrace to Yorkshire.

Guest domSWFC

I don't really think we are big rivals with Leeds, yes we hate them but who doesn't?

I'd say after United our main rivals are the Dingles.

How can people say leeds? they don't care about us one bit. They dislike about ten teams more than us and that includes sheff utd

Living up here I can confirm they don't get a flying feck about us. I suppose it's a bit like Man United with them, your not a problem if your not in the same league

Guest thetruthisoutthere

In this order our only rivals are

1st. Sheffield United

2nd Blunts

3rd Blades

4th Pig United

5th Grunters from the Lane

All others mean little if nothing

For me, after the Blunts, it is Leeds.

Hate the team, hate the place and the way that they pretend that Sheffield and the rest of Yorkshire don't exist.

Whenever I've spoken to really old fans (I'm 51 so I guess that makes me old but not really old!), they always say the big rivalry apart from the Blunts was Man Utd and traditionally, that is probably still the biggest Yorkshire-Lancashire football match (don't forget, Leeds were a nothing team until the Revie era).

Edited by Utah Owl

Wolves

Is that the town to the North West of you where everyone has a speech impediment?cool.gif

Actually more I think of it, more it sounds like Barnsley

Edited by Utah Owl

Is that the town to the North West of you where everyone has a speech impediment?cool.gif

Actually more I think of it, more it sounds like Barnsley

That's the one :biggrin:

Guest Thurgowland

Rivals:

Leeds United, Pure and simply the two biggest cities and respective football clubs in Yorkshire vying for supremacy.

Irritants/pests:

Barnsley,

Doncaster,

Rotherham,

Chesterfield,

Huddersfield.

Tw@ts:

The Bladies.

I don't really think we are big rivals with Leeds, yes we hate them but who doesn't?

I'd say after United our main rivals are the Dingles.

Leeds fans put themselves on such a high pedestal they think only Man Utd are big enough to challenge them for being "Champions of Europe". They are our rivals quite simply because they always see themselves as the biggest team in Yorkshire, as well as the fact football aside Leeds and Sheffield would contest which city is the leading City in Yorkshire.