Daniel Jones

I made a thread last week, asking for him to be given a chance.

He had his chance today and wasted it. Terrible.

100% agree.

I amm a big fan of Jones but today he looked like a lost kid. Stick with him though as I genuinely believe he will become an excellent fuill back in time,

You're surely not suggesting that he be played LEFT back in preference to Buxton? Buxton in recent weeks has been one of the stars of the side.

This is true,

I think Megson knows Jones is a bit shuffle, either that or his attitude doesnt fit..

The argument about Jones being out of position slightly is proved incorrect for me by Lewis Buxton.

We have 3 left backs, and are playing a right back/centre half there ahead of them all, because he's still the best full back we have even out of position.

Jones was shocking today, the whole game passed him by, and he didnt seem too bothered.

Edited by leea8331

Which bit of what i wrote would make you think that?

Can you actually read?

Judging a left back on the right wing and then writing him off completely after one game is a tad unfair.

I suppose its the Wednesday way these days.

FYI i think Lewis Buxton is our player of the season.

Wasn't Megson extolling the virtues of Buxton the other week saying that whenever he plays him out of position he always gives 100%

It is all about aptitude and effort, the lads got **** all. Anyone who has plays will always have a preferred position but the notion that a professional footballer has no idea how to play in other certain positions is ridiculous.

Maybe Megson was giving him a trial, afterall we are safe, but the lad failed today.

But it's hardly reyt to play him right wing. Looked totally lost with his positional play. He's a full back, who can do a job on the left wing. Not a right winger.

Nah, he had his chance to get on the ball in his preferred position.

He was terrible mate. He's not for us.

I don't know how true the rumours of his off-field behaviour are, or any possible falling out with Megson, but I'm really not a fan of Jones.

Maybe it's the flash boots or the prancing around the pitch doing not a great deal that irritates me, acting like a superstar when he's achieved nothing at all and doesn't look likely to.

I read on here recently that he doesn't like playing on the wing, well he's not good enough as a left-back either, which makes him a non-entity of a player.

Not impressed so far with anything about him.

What rumours are these?

Really surprised with him today- thought he was excellent defensively in the first half got a lot of blocks in on crosses but then he moved onto the right wing. Never looked comfortable never took a player on or ran with the ball into the space ahead of him. Hardly ever gave Buxton an out ball then got a solid round of applause when he went off- bizarre. If he had a ruck with Megson then he certainly never looked today like he wanted to prove a point.

Daniel Jones

On occasions this season Jones as played a game done ok then he's left out.

I think he's better than Spurr and Reynolds who have both played more games this season.

There are a few more on the out list before Jones.

Don't understand the personnal attack on one player after a 3-1 win, when the team have been poor all season.

Great support lads.

Erm, Daniel Jones has started 21 games this season and come off the bench in 11 others (that's 32 appearances in total, maths fans).

In comparison, Mark Reynolds has only started 8, with no sub appearances.

I also find it quite ironic that you bemoan others for singling out individual players after an awful season from everyone, yet appear to write off players like Reynolds who has barely had a chance to show what he can do at SWFC so far.

far too often he looked lost, offered no outlet whatsoever

performances like today from jones have been symptomatic of where we are in the league

trouble is, he's not the only one

we can't keep hoping players are going to come good

we need consistency in every position

Guest JonTheOwl66

That collision first half knocked him for 6, could see him hobbling about afterwards and especially when he was taken off.

Would like to see him given another go.