Daniel Jones

Guest Sniper1

So we should just accept he's not even tried today cos he's slightly better than two other awful defenders. Although he makes Spurr look like Maldini IMO.

Potter and even JOC weren't brilliant today. But at least they put some effort in

Jones is a left back, where did he play today?

Right f'kin wing for most of it.

Jones hasn't been given enough games in his favoured position, simple really.

Neil Mellor was played out of position against Brighton and his head dropped, same thing.

Guest Big Guns

Daniel Jones

On occasions this season Jones as played a game done ok then he's left out.

I think he's better than Spurr and Reynolds who have both played more games this season.

There are a few more on the out list before Jones.

Don't understand the personnal attack on one player after a 3-1 win, when the team have been poor all season.

Great support lads.

joc, potter, teale jones sedwick ,morrison ,morrison,reynolds thats 8 players who must be shipped out asap followed by a good few more

Neil Mellor was played out of position against Brighton and his head dropped, same thing.

These are professional footballers FFS.

Sometimes I have to work in lists that I don't particular like...do I mope about, moan, and sulk. No.

And if I did, do you think people would say "Well you can't blame him, he's not working in the favoured list..." Would they hell.

So why should footballers be any different. This isn't about players playing well, this is about putting the absolute bare minimum in...effort. There's absolutely no excuse not to give 100%.

Like I say, I like Jones...and I hope he stays. But his performance today was poor, purely because he wasn't interested.

One problem and its the same for alot of players at the club.

He's under contract and a decent one at that, who in League One could afford his wages?

Championship clubs aren't going to look at under performing League One players.

Its going to be a long summer if this is starting now.

Dan Jones is young, never had a run in the side, what are we expecting?

I don't expect him to fookin' "Amble about" mate...and thats what he did first half...at times he looked distinctly uniterested in the proceedings..its not acceptable...

Guest Sniper1

I don't expect him to fookin' "Amble about" mate...and thats what he did first half...at times he looked distinctly uniterested in the proceedings..its not acceptable...

And now its time to ask ourselves why this squad of decent players on very good wages for this level is sat in 14th place.

Its not just today is it and its not just Jones?

I think he was just knackered and being moved to the right wing cannot be very easy for a left back.

I am not defending his performance as it was poor but I cannot believe that after being given a chance after all these weeks out he just did not try

And now its time to ask ourselves why this squad of decent players on very good wages for this level is sat in 14th place.

Its not just today is it and its not just Jones?

No its not ...but we are actually talking about Jones in this thread...and if you thought his application was good enough today mate...then you were watching a different match to me...or at least a different first half, ..he was bloody invisible...he had a better second period, ..but first half he was not bothered...

Guest Saturday Owl

Seemed to be very lazy today, don't know if him and Megson get on though.

Their wingers had so much freedom to whip it in the box when they were up against Jones. :mad:

I have to say I was disappointed by Jones today. I honestly think there is a good player in there somewhere.

Good pace, decent left peg, powerful shot.

However, he isn't a defender in a million years (can't defend) and when ever he is given a chance on the wing he is rubbish. Granted he did start on the right but he had his chance on the left today and definatly didn't take it.

Didn't look like a player that wanted to cement a place in the team. As for him being injured......he did get his chance on a couple of occasions early in the season on the wing and despite having the tools to play there was pretty poor also.

Edited by Lostowl

Is a left back.... but can't defend...

So, we try him on the left wing but doesn't look to beat a man, or cross a ball...

Bit of a nothing really

Seems to think he is better than he actually is

Guest Buxtonian

You're surely not suggesting that he be played LEFT back in preference to Buxton? Buxton in recent weeks has been one of the stars of the side.

Guest Sheff Owl

Jones today just looked like he could not give a poo poo. Maybe he had the hump because he was not at LB (which is where he want's to play) now if it was a choice between Buxton and Jones there i know who i would choose without a doubt. Buxton has been fantastic!

Guest Sniper1

You're surely not suggesting that he be played LEFT back in preference to Buxton? Buxton in recent weeks has been one of the stars of the side.

Which bit of what i wrote would make you think that?

Can you actually read?

Judging a left back on the right wing and then writing him off completely after one game is a tad unfair.

I suppose its the Wednesday way these days.

FYI i think Lewis Buxton is our player of the season.

Guest Sniper1

Jones was decidedly average today .. nothing much in either an attacking or defensive role

the lads young mind, needs more then just a few games dotted about here and there ...

only problem with him is finding his right position? left back or left wing?!

Agree with that.

I think we need a proper Left back, can Buxton be it full time? not sure.

Who do we have as back up for our new left back or Buxton?

Jones, Spurr or Reynolds?

Its got to be Jones, he's very young and can do a job further forward.

Perhaps gary megson thinks this also seeing as though he's in front of Spurr and Reynolds in the pecking order. :rolleyes:

I don't know how true the rumours of his off-field behaviour are, or any possible falling out with Megson, but I'm really not a fan of Jones.

Maybe it's the flash boots or the prancing around the pitch doing not a great deal that irritates me, acting like a superstar when he's achieved nothing at all and doesn't look likely to.

I read on here recently that he doesn't like playing on the wing, well he's not good enough as a left-back either, which makes him a non-entity of a player.

Not impressed so far with anything about him.